My new Poulusqavarna 2941 saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I had a fun project this past week that I thought about doing for a while, and now I'm almost finished. Basicly I took a 46cc Poulan 2900 engine and put it in my Husqvarna 141 case. I like the anti-vibe on the Husky better as well as the overall build of the saw. I also kept the .325 pitch sprocket and intake partition and changed the muffler to a new less restrictive muffler. I hope to try it out tomorrow.0622171442.jpg 0622171442a.jpg 0622171442b.jpg 0622172102a.jpg

Nice - I know this has been done before, but I have wanted to do one as well. However, my 142 runs too well to mess with. I'll be curious what you think of the vibration level of the 46cc engine compared to the 40cc. Did you have experience running it with the original engine?

I've had a pet theory that the counterweights were only marginally big enough for the 36 & 40cc versions of this engine, and that the 46cc versions shake a lot. Many of the failures I've had on my 2775 were due to excessive vibration.

So you took the p/c of the 2900 and installed it in the husky. Have to mod the cylinder flange?

Steve Sidwell, Samsung On5 using Tapatalk
They are clamshells using the same engine design, both made by Poulan. The chassis are different.

Rain, rain, rain. So depressing. Guess wood cutting will have to wait another day..............
That's how it's been here also. Stopped to test a saw yesterday and got soaked..

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Did you guys notice if either one of the saws had a larger carburetor?
Did you use the husqvarna carbs & intake, etc or the poulan?
Ive got a 2900 superclean, somewhere mixed into my clutter.

The anti-vibe was super smooth, but it always felt like you were working with a water balloon.
( I grew up on rigid framed saws)
Took me a while to get ever get accustomed to the way relationship of the bar to handles, would change when you went from a bucking cut to a felling cut.
I goofed a few hinges till I got it in my muscle memory.

Latest posts

Back