My new stihl 064

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonden

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I went to the post office to day and picked upp my new prodjekt an old Stihl 064. som parts missing but seems ok, i tryed to runn it it but only runns with full choke and it back fired some times and broke the starter pulley, it had no bad sounds running .I think il make an compleet rebuild of the saw .
stihl-064-bb010.jpg

stihl-064-bb017.jpg

stihl-064-bb059.jpg

stihl-064-bb065.jpg

Nice. I'd like to find an 064 to rebuild. When you disassemble the saw, check the flywheel and key. If they are damaged, then your timing will be off which will cause the backfires.

This saw got only 1 place for the key in the flywheel does this indicate when the saw is made i guss earley saw 86-89 ? .seriel number is 117793299.

I figured you would remove the clutch and flywheel before removing the cylinder and piston if you were gonna do a "complete rebuild".

I will put it back on again when i get the right tools ,i just clean upp the saw to day. How do you check if the bearings are ok , (i am replacing them ) .?

Back