My old saws collection.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Holy Cow!! Thanks, the memories you brought back. I remember some of those saws from the late 50's on. I have a Disston, 2 Homelite 1050's, a couple XL 12's and a super 12. Twice a year I go to a big farm auction and they always have neat old saws. They sell for 5 or 10 bucks. I just can't start collecting anything else. I'm glad you shared those with us, Joe.

I have been to your site before and was impressed with you collection and knowledge.

A few days ago a question was posted on the chainsaw forum about the Comet diesels and how exactly they used a carb and injector set up in tandem. The topic went off in other directions and the question was never really answered in full. Can you explain any further? Would you be able to post other photos or a video of the saw in action? Thank you for sharing and taking the time to do so. JJuday

Love the collection that you have. I just got a running 1959 Clinton d65. I just love the old runners. Nothing like them.

I see your still fishing for more fools to rip off Alan LaMothe ........... Alain's the guy who ripped off my Hornet two man saw

Alain your a thief and a liar

http://www.arboristsite.com/lost-stolen-equipment/183561.htm

Well it will be seen when the saw arrives here downunder and i check to see if its the saw i purchased
The explanation follows i bought this Hornet complete except for the carb and airfilter assy paid in
full which included shipping to California from New Brunswick and the seller messed up and addressed
the saw to Alain in Quebec as Alain had purchased saws from him as well.
I offered Alain the shipping costs 3 times to get the saw underway to California paying him with paypal so Alain
wouldn't be outta pocket then i read one of the numerous emails rotating between the seller Alain and
myself and notice Alain saying he buy the saw from my seller ..............

Now come on Alain i have already purchased the saw it wasn't for sale Alain reakons i would have short
shafted my seller no way i'd already paid him in full, before it went to you, Alain you was trying very hard to take advantage of my sellers mistake anyway
Alain has sent the saw on but i won't be happy till i get to see it when it arrives downunder and it's the saw i bought and as sold to me.
Alain i didn't set out to give you a hard time you earnt it then you accused me of wanting to rip the seller off.
I know which Kettle is black ....................
McBob.

Last edited:
To say i'm a little peeved off would be right below is a list of the bits Alain swapped out on the saw i bought from Dan Matchett.

Removed and fitted in its place a stuffed and worn out manual oiler with no thumb button

Removed or swapped my gearbox which had a brass tag on it with his which had no tag

Removed and swapped out my magneto and its guard with the hornet logo on it

Swapped the clutch cable mine was in good condition but his was badly worn

Alain had the photos of my saw from the ebay sale page which showed him exactly what my saw looked like

Alain you lied to me and abused me when i only asked for my saw to be shipped to California i even offered to pay the extra shipping so i could get my saw
or what was left of it i only wish i lived closer than 8000 miles away than you would have gotten a visit off me in person and i wasnt a happy chappie i tell you

McBob.