My Sawmill Shed Build

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rob, I finished mine yesterday 20 min before the rain started:cheers:

BridgeMill023Small.jpg

BridgeMill024Small.jpg

BridgeMill025Small.jpg

RD

If you leave the grapple low to the ground, the tractor won't flip even if the load shifts. The end of the log will just bump the ground and that's all.

Nice shed btw.

You mean like this? lol

standard.jpg

Good job motor 7,

I've been too busy doing some other things to get back to my shed build...

Rob

Yes, exactly like that! I know me, I would grappple something too big & be in trouble fast. I had mine up on 3 legs 2 days ago just forking 3 8' Jack pine logs, and on a 20 degree slope...yikes.

Rob, 'tis the season, so that shed needs doing.

RD,
Seems to me your not going to need a center post on that cover, Looks just fine. It looks like you braced it far enough that it'll be okay.

Got out there this morning with the temp at 59*F, it was nice to have the cooler weather roll in... but the ground was still wet from the 3 inches of rain we had yesterday.
I finally got the other half of the rafters up today with the help of my stepson. I'll post some pics up tomorrow.

Later,
Ted

The forks and grabble were made by ALO, the same company that made the loader... They are very high quality, and have worked perfectly for me.

Rob

We must propagate the hijack.....

Pic's Ted?

:laugh:

That means I could double my post count because I started the other post for a sawmill shed:
Looking for a Sawmill Shed Design

I do need to finish this thing up, I got some stuff I had ordered from Penofin, the Pro-Tech Wood Brightener and Ultra Premium Red Label transparent western red cedar stain. That should brighten it up and help preserve it for a good while. Hopefully the weather will cooperate, at least the cooler weather blew in last weekend making it more enjoyable, hope it lasts.

PS: Although I have no new pics of the shed cover to post, I do have pics of the chicken coop / dog kennel......
The three doors on the left is the chicken coop side, the other two are the dog kennel side. It's about 15 years old.....?
4012678753_2d40cd2a97.jpg

4012679753_643c8e8219.jpg

4013450194_5f87af8866.jpg

But I hab no chikens.....

Last edited:
Pay for stain???

I let thesun and rain stain mine for free...I call it...

Rustic Lazyness Grey

RD

Rob, when I first saw a picture of your roof slope my concern was that with it sloping down to the side that you will load logs from. That it may be a bit on the low side for setting logs inside with your tractor. Have you had a chance to make sure that you can lift the forks all the way up under the roofline? Hate to see a hole in your new roof.

Motor seven, about the only time you should need to put in the removable center post is when there is snow in the forecast.

All three projects are looking good. However, Rob is cheating by milling them logs two at a time. :cheers:

You can tell the northern fellas... "What about snow load?" ha ha, exactly what I was thinking looking at those pics too. And the water shedding onto the side you'd be loading from. Looks like a great way top get out of the hot sun.

That yard bird coop would be flat by spring around here.

Rob, when I first saw a picture of your roof slope my concern was that with it sloping down to the side that you will load logs from. That it may be a bit on the low side for setting logs inside with your tractor. Have you had a chance to make sure that you can lift the forks all the way up under the roofline? Hate to see a hole in your new roof.

Motor seven, about the only time you should need to put in the removable center post is when there is snow in the forecast.

All three projects are looking good. However, Rob is cheating by milling them logs two at a time. :cheers:

The door opening will be over 8' high, so there's no problem with the door height. And i don't have a problem with the water running off on the side i load on, it doesn't rain here EVERY day, so the rain water is no big deal with the slope i have for the water to run away from the bld...

I designed the bld so i can add onto the other side if i want to, and also with the slope the way it is now, i can add a pretty good shelf on the back wall to put a compressor and other tools on to get them off the floor...

Yeaaa, those boys in the south, they build their buildings scarey light!!

Rob

Last edited:
awesome work and pics! location and style thus far reminds me of the one aggiewoodbutcher built back when he moved.

I know i wish i had one close to here, i have to finish milling this pecan that's probably about 150 yrs old then haul it back home another hr in the other direction( im in college...)

ted. j. - Howdy!...i see you live near hempstead, im up here in college station.

Back