National Geographic article on Redwoods

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I almost bought it a couple days back just for the foldout poster but then decided I could use more bar oil instead.

Cool issue though.

Good shot for a winter scene. Maybe that season was ideal, but maybe that's just when they had time. Got so used to my avatar, and forgot it's the same redwood.

I just got done watching the one hour show on the NatGeo channel. HD, big screen....wow!

The video is very good. Now that your mentioned it, I'll probably order one this week.

It must have been a piece of work to rig the cameras. The big trunk in this photo is the Nat Geo redwood. A lot of photos must have been taken in front of the other trees, between those and the big one. This is the side the photos were taken from.

Wish I kept another image, standing under the gap and looking up into it. Pretty small space that they took the photos from for the composite.

attachment.php

They touched on the making of that composite, I think it was eighty something frames to make it up, and they took over a week to get it right. I'd like to see a "making of" that show, they had to have some really cool tram-lines set up for the cameras to get some of the footage; some looked like a helo was running in between the boles.

It was on the other night. 52" tooob in HD. NICE!
Nat Geo did a spectacular job filming that one!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Ours is in the low 40's, cant quite remember. I started out saying it was too big, what did-you-waste-money-on-that-for-honey!

Now every time a good nature/outdoor program comes on I tell her i want a bigger screen :laugh:

Ours is in the low 40's, cant quite remember. I started out saying it was too big, what did-you-waste-money-on-that-for-honey!

Now every time a good nature/outdoor program comes on I tell her i want a bigger screen :laugh:

Same here.

We went 17 years with a 22" conventional tube, and when the time came, we kinda were looking at the price diff between a 40 and this thing when the light bulb went on. What's the point? Big. So we slammed it as the last TV we will buy untill they come out with the 3-D Holographic projection units LOL!!!!

The HD and really high detail of that Nat Geo special was really nice.
It's been years since I have been to the PNW, and almost forgot the texture and the Fern cover, that makes it so different than our own Hardwood forrests. Too cool!

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

it as the last TV we will buy untill they come out with the 3-D Holographic projection units LOL!!!!

Same here, every time she here me say i want a bigger screen, Diane will tell me "Not for ten more years"

It's been years since I have been to the PNW, and almost forgot the texture and the Fern cover, that makes it so different than our own Hardwood forests. Too cool!

I've not been out there since the TreeHouse project with Jerry B.
3216578600_8ab1d399ce.jpg

All my pics are too big, and I don't have resizing softwear on this computer.

The micro-ecologies of those big trees is so cool, it's just like crawling into a giants planterbox.

I wonder how the roots are holding up with the cowpath ringing the base.

It has a couple of advantages considering the path. One is that its a long ways from San Francisco and sees a fraction of the visitors that go to Muir Woods down south. The other, is that Stout Grove does not get much rain in the summer months when more people visit.

I'm a bit surprised that the worn area is so small considering that its a destination redwood.

Latest posts

Back