near balance point rigging

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
he will eventually if he keeps "balance tying".........

Yes, that seems to be the genral consnsus though I just looked at an oak with the same configuration I could see how I could get some limbs out with this method. There were some low horizintals I would feel better with tip/butt tie with the house being there. Plus its half dead so added security is nice.
oak is a good tree to work doing the mid tie thing when you have to really get the most out of a notch.

Yes, that seems to be the genral consnsus though I just looked at an oak with the same configuration I could see how I could get some limbs out with this method. There were some low horizintals I would feel better with tip/butt tie with the house being there. Plus its half dead so added security is nice.
oak is a good tree to work doing the mid tie thing when you have to really get the most out of a notch.

treemandan: Would you elaborate on; "when you have to really get the most out of a notch", just a little, please?

thanks

treemandan: Would you elaborate on; "when you have to really get the most out of a notch", just a little, please?

thanks

Think about what the notch you have just cut is supoosed to do and when. Its the whole cause and effect thing thing. The notches he cut were made to break at a certain point, you can hear the one, it sounded like it was working, good thing it broke when it did huh?

Think about what the notch you have just cut is supoosed to do and when. Its the whole cause and effect thing thing. The notches he cut were made to break at a certain point, you can hear the one, it sounded like it was working, good thing it broke when it did huh?

Yeah, I got ya ... I was thinking "hinge" you were saying "notch" ... just a semantics thing. A good notch will break a good hinge at just the right time ... good point. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back