necessity is a mutha

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
someone got good eyes... Yes, massy ferguson. 1956 and so worn out it ain't even funny.

I have not driven it yet. I'll try that they next time I have to deck some logs. I have a buddy gonna check a tractor tire place out by where he is at. might have some 12.4 x 28's

it's old, slow, cranky, uses 1/2 gallon oil an hour, fouls plugs in 15 minutes. has maybe 7 lbs of oil pressure warm. drifts out of gear. but it will move logs around....

>it's old, slow, cranky, uses 1/2 gallon oil an hour, fouls plugs in 15 minutes. has maybe 7 lbs of oil pressure warm. drifts out of gear. but it will move logs around....

sounds like a keeper to me... :laughing:

:ices_rofl:

Broke shackle.... Just removing a bolt isn't difficult. I made up a contraption years ago involving a piece of steel and a strong chain. Weld a chain link to the end of the bolt and using a hydraulic jack.... on steel pulling on bolt. Came right out with 2 tons on it!
You put them back to the rubber with GoJo hand cleaner, makes that rubber slide like...... :eek:

>Came right out with 2 tons on it!

what can I say.... ?

Aww, quitch yer bellyachin, git out in the shop and weld ya up some new tars...:D
(Or you cold do like some of the amish, just cut the tread off your tires and bolt it to a steel wheel. You already have a good start)
upload_2016-5-18_16-20-22.png

Aww, quitch yer bellyachin, git out in the shop and weld ya up some new tars...:D
(Or you cold do like some of the amish, just cut the tread off your tires and bolt it to a steel wheel. You already have a good start)
View attachment 503768

if you used rebar... then u could weld em up... and them's tars... would be fur shore re: bar tred tars!! :yes:

:popcorn2:

Stuck a dollar bill in a mountain bike tire before.

Cut around a five inch gash in my tire and tube before, cycling way out in the boondocks. Tried layers of patches, held less than a mile. Took handfulls of long weeds and twisted and braided a round ring rope and got it crammed in there and remounted, rode back to civilization on it just fine.

Cut around a five inch gash in my tire and tube before, cycling way out in the boondocks. Tried layers of patches, held less than a mile. Took handfulls of long weeds and twisted and braided a round ring rope and got it crammed in there and remounted, rode back to civilization on it just fine.
Nice! You can also tie a knot in the tube.:)

Latest posts

Back