Need a 60cc saw for firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. Been there done that !!!
I only talked to the distributor about Efco because i was interested taking them on for selling parts....I didnt want to units but couldnt get em to go for it without a rather large unit order that i wasnt comfortable with since i didnt figure i could really sell them.

Nothing wrong at all with 50/60 saw plan. I use ported 50cc saws most of the time, but on occasion need/want a little more grunt. That's where a strong 60cc shines. And most ported 57-60 cc saws will run with a stock 70cc saw.
I also run a 50/60 plan. Obviously the cs490 isn't a top of the heap 50cc saw like a 346 but with a muff mod and retune it runs pretty well. If the wood gets bigger I grab the ported 590.

The only reason I asked about efco is I read somewhere someone really liked theirs and the local Jred dealer had a couple in his shop.

you had to ask didnt ya....short version, crappy local dealer that couldnt diagnose the saw and didnt stock any parts, eventually resulting in sending the saw back to HQ and them sending him a new saw.....all of that took 3 months or so to get accomplished and most of it is my fault for telling him to give his local dealer a chance to repair it instead of making the drive to drop it off here.

I sell em at about a 2:1 ratio vs all other saws in the shop and haven't really had any issues either but there is always that one and Ron got it.
BTW I still haven't run the new saw!! It's still just as it was when you last saw it. I am however really liking the 5105!! Too hot to cut lately but I'll be getting back at it before long!!!

I REALLY enjoy making firewood and running a saw that excells at the task makes it that much more enjoyable.
In that case you definitely want a 70cc saw lol[emoji3]. The echo is a fine saw, but again same weight as something 70cc. If you're going to carry the extra weight might as well have the extra power. 70cc saws just make cutting wood fun, if nothing else.[emoji106]

Sent from my LG-H871 using Tapatalk

I am one of those fellows who have had very good experience with efco = oleo mac products. I have a few chainsaws, etc.
I am not sure which models are still available in the us but the ones I have are, although still produced today, old school technology compared to Stihl & Husqvarna. That is also the reason I took them, no bling bling to break anytime soon. Nevertheless tough as nails in real life cutting scenarios. Although I have to add that my dealer has the full range and I am not afraid of them deleting it anytime soon. Further I live not to far from Italy so not much to worry about for me.

Your Dolmar 5105 is enough for your needs! Learn how to sharpen your chain well, buy QUALITY!!! (Stihl or high line Oregon stuff NOT noname el cheapo stuff) chain, Keep the chain out of the dirt and run your saw like you stole it after your break in time (~10-20 refills) and a proper carb retune. The 5105 is a real powerful 50cc animal and will not let you down. I see, from your description, it as totally senseless to buy a 60cc or larger saw. I assume your bar length to be 18 Inch which will be absolutely good enough up to 30inch tree's.

I know, I know! This is a totally new concept and unimaginable for many members on AS, but it is true! You CAN cut a tree from both sides...

You're forgetting the most important factor, need has nothing to do with want.[emoji4]

All joking aside, if you're just looking for an inexpensive saw with a bit more capabilitie, the only saw to get is the Echo cs590. At $400 or less it's an unbelievable value and it's simple and reliable. If you want to treat yourself to something really special get yourself a 7910 from Nate and have some real fun.

Later

Andre.

All joking aside, if you're just looking for an inexpensive saw with a bit more capabilitie, the only saw to get is the Echo cs590. At $400 or less it's an unbelievable value and it's simple and reliable. If you want to treat yourself to something really special get yourself a 7910 from Nate and have some real fun.

Later

Andre.

True words.
Echo Cs590 is the "Do it all" saw!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Who sells saws ?
"I cant seem to sell anyrhing, even the stuff i dont want.
Youall see me on an episode of "Horders" soon lol

You should see my collection and unless I'm paying them to take it I can't seem to get rid of any of it.

Case 1150 dozer that runs and works....$4600 and it's been for sale for 6 months. It'll scrap for $3500....I was offered $2500 for it, all I could do was laugh at the guy

You should see my collection and unless I'm paying them to take it I can't seem to get rid of any of it.

Case 1150 dozer that runs and works....$4600 and it's been for sale for 6 months. It'll scrap for $3500....I was offered $2500 for it, all I could do was laugh at the guy
Im hearing ya !

I only have a 25cc Zenoah top handle saw for sale atm. But its such a sweet saw that i am struggling with the thought of letting it go.

Latest posts

Back