Need help identifying 045 flywheel

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kcr357

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Got an old 045 off of ebay for a decent price(relative to what stuff is going for on ebay)
Only thing missing is the flywheel and from what I can tell, there is a friction type and the other type.
Can anyone tell me which I need?
20160728_191134.jpg

That is the "Fairbanks Morse" type, but you need the correct "fanwheel" which bolts on top of the flywheel.
You had me worried there, I though there was an additional piece I was missing when you said fanwheel. What I meant was fanwheel, not flywheel. Though the fanwheel was a flywheel and the f.w. was the magneto. I work on jet skis mostly, chainsaws are a new hobby.
20160728_195322.jpg

20160728_195312.jpg

And no, definitely not an electronic ignition on this one.
Is this the correct fanwheel?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/STIHL-CHAIN...138961?hash=item51e7131711:g:u9IAAOSwMNxXb-aa

Out of curiosity, what's a reasonable price to pay for one of these, no bar/chain, just needs teh fanwheel?

well..... I meant the friction area for the starter!!!
Ok ok, I'm new to the "chainsaw" lingo...
And that is one.....unique.......starter setup on there. Never thought a piece of plastic would link the cord to the fan/fly/wheel. :)

got it fired up today and it screams. sounds as good as the mac 740 I have and doesn't give the impression my life is in danger just from standing there and revving it.
Thanks for the help

Back