Need help with Poulan 2150

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What's the factory spec on max RPMs for this 2150? I got it running tonight. I pulled the intake adapter and reassembled it with a light coat of ThreeBond 1104 on both gaskets, taking care not to plug the impulse passage. Obviously, I was leaking air there somewhere. I think it might be possible to overtighten the carb nuts and distort the adapter, causing an air leak.

what did i tell you the adapter besides brad i will be sending that invoice to you tommorrow for the zip parts i also will be sending the guy that needed the brake band for the mac a invoice too

Last edited:
That did the trick! Do you know what the RPM spec is?

I have a 2150 and emailed Poulan and they said, 2800-3400 idle and 12000 max. Don't know if that is accurate, but I tuned mine to 3300 idle and 11800 max and it cuts ok for what I use it for, misc. stuff and stumps.

Dang, Brad, people are just FLINGING saws at you! You're a chainsaw beast!

Your Roper ignition and top cover are in the mail. I threw in the points and condenser also.. they looked very clean. Give the filter cover a good look, you may want to do preventative maintenance.

Dang, Brad, people are just FLINGING saws at you! You're a chainsaw beast!

Your Roper ignition and top cover are in the mail. I threw in the points and condenser also.. they looked very clean. Give the filter cover a good look, you may want to do preventative maintenance.

Points and condensor? This Roper has electronic ignition. Everything's right there with the coil. There are several pics in the thread. Sounds like we might have a mix up:cry:

Brad, what was the verdict on this saw? A friend gave me the same pos with the same symptoms to work on. I told him it would fit in my dumpster nicely. Yours sounds like a bad check valve in the carb.

Brad, what was the verdict on this saw? A friend gave me the same pos with the same symptoms to work on. I told him it would fit in my dumpster nicely. Yours sounds like a bad check valve in the carb.

Where in Kansas????

I have lots of leftover bits for 2150 types if you need sumpthin'. Made three runners out of seven junkers.

View attachment 209341
attachment.php

My darling daughter the deputy. Keeping them cars off the Atchison bridge during the late flood.

Last edited:
Where in Kansas????

I have lots of leftover bits for 2150 types if you need sumpthin'. Made three runners out of seven junkers.

View attachment 209341
attachment.php

McPherson. Thanks, I'll keep this in mind. The saw looks like new and I just checked the plate between the carb and cylinder, it appears tight. I didn't have a hex wrench in my truck.

i've had the same problem with the 2150PR. can get it to run great with mix in the carb but after sitting it won't start. carb kit, new lines, primer bulb, good spark, haven't checked compression yet. got so frustrated i just sat it down for a while.

Just put a new carb on it. The carbs for those saws are cheap. I have aquired several of those saws from local repair shops where the owners did not not want to repair them. I went thru the same thing that you are going thru with no success until I replaced the carb. Only then did these saws run. the carbs just go bad, I tried to rebuild the carbs but had no luck. I am not sure what goes bad in them but replaceing them seemed to work.

Got it running. Spark checked fine, compression 150, screws tight on the carb plate, carb was clean, spark arrestor clear, muffler had lots of oil in it. The baby fuel line was plugged with white stuff 1/2 inch long where the hose comes through the tank. I used a syringe to pump fuel through and clear the blockage. The settings on the carb are very strange, about 2 turns out on H and L, removed the limiter caps. When I lean it out, it becomes powerless in the cut. When I lean the low side, it takes forever to wind up. It doesn't tune nice, but it seems to run, idle and cut ok now. I suspect the white stuff was zinc corrosion from the filter base. I'm going to tell the owner to get a new filter, I didn't have any on hand.

Latest posts

Back