need info on this mill

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hyerzach

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hi there I don't know much on milling but I have been interested in trying it out. My boss said he had a mill I could have if I wanted to try it out. So trying to get some info on it So I know what I need to get or if it will even work. IMAG0277.jpg IMAG0275.jpg IMAG0276.jpg IMAG0277.jpg IMAG0275.jpg IMAG0276.jpg Any information helps thanks
model # 2D701C2
Serial # 667

You'll need to find a chainsaw that accepts that bar, perhaps your boss will know or one of the chaps on here can advise? Also make sure the bar is straight and the groove not worn out or it may not cut straight. From what I could see of the chain it doesn't look like the chain had much use before it stopped being used. Maybe the chain can tell you what the chainsaw should be ie does it have "Stihl" stamped on it or any other markings. I'm assuming you have to provide the saw?

Alternatively buy another bar that you can modify to accept the mounts. I can't tell for sure but the chain looks pretty rusty too, might need a new one. Normal chain is fine and safe to start out with. You can gradually reduce filing angle to 10 degrees over a number of sharpenings or if milling turns out not to be for you (that's not gonna be the case btw) then you can just use the chain for firewood. If you get into larger/harder logs or just want to go faster then you can either buy ripping chain(s) or modify your chain. Tons of info and varying opinions on ripping chain on here. Btw that looks like a much better outfit than mine.

Thanks for all the help guys I really appreciahelit all. I will have to take a look at the bar and see if there is anything stamped on it. Also is nygran the company name? if I need a new bar where should I get a bar from?

I have a husqvarna 1100cd I am working on getting running for this set up do you guys think that will do the job?

Yeah 99cc should be good. I'd be sure to go over it really good. Pressure test and vacuum test it for leaks. Milling is really hard on saws. I know I've gone through my share of saws over the years. I'd see if you can't make the bar you have work with the saw before buy another.

You can fit your husky bar for that mill. If it requires drilling, you can take that bar/chain off and set the bar on top of your husky bar(removed from the saw) to match up holes and drill to match.

Hello
I know this thread is 5 years old however thanks a lot for everyone posting information here as this is the 5 ft. mill I have now. I liked the brochure as it shows the 48" model I have. The bar is for McCulloch saws with some other holes in it maybe Homelite. The bar is 66" long double ended bar. The owner has put a husky 3/8" chain on it.
Thanks again as this is what I have been looking for.

Latest posts

Back