Need lawyer or legal advice

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lots of SCAM's going on in the collection business. Most are just fishing, hoping someone will pay a phony debt just to get them off their backs. If your CC company can't find any records, how can a 3rd party agency find one? What they do is trick you into giving them information. Usually, all they have is your name , and a phone number until you give them what they ask. Best to hang up and not answer.

Another weird thing is, I also had a checking account with the original bank B of --- and used that checking account to make payments to the credit card company that took over the loans.
But after I received the the notice from the court that I am being sued I went down and closed that account and went to another bank and started a fresh checking account that I can pay bills with.

My wife got a phone call from a 3rd party collection agency. Said she was being sued over non payments of insurance premiums on a Chevrolet. My wife never owned a Chevy.

Lots of SCAM's going on in the collection business. Most are just fishing, hoping someone will pay a phony debt just to get them off their backs. If your CC company can't find any records, how can a 3rd party agency find one? What they do is trick you into giving them information. Usually, all they have is your name , and a phone number until you give them what they ask. Best to hang up and not answer.

A few years ago someone started calling me saying I owe a debt. They started out asking my name.......Are you Mr. Joe blow?
I said yes.
They asked me to confirm my identity by giving them the last 4 in my SS#.
I said no.....I am not telling you that.....I don't know who you are.
They then asked for me to confirm my address.
I again said no.I don't know who you are.
I asked them to send me something in writing so I can confirm who they were.
They never sent me anything by mail.
So My thinking is someone is fishing for information and I did not tell them anything.
Last month was the first thing in writing I got and it was the notice that I was being sued and it was tape't to my front gate.
They never served me in person, but the letter was from the court, not the suing party.
It wasn't till I received this notice about the law suet did I respond.
I went to the court house the next day.
I have continued to respond to the court through registered mail and have written the judge many times.
Every time I did it through registered mail with return receipt.
I want to make sure that the judge sees that I am not ignoring this and have taken it seriously.

My dad and I own rental properties, and have gotten monetary judgments against people. We have never gotten a cent from the people. We don't even take people to court anymore, except to evict ,, we just call it a loss and move on. Your assets are pretty safe unless you owe to a government agency. Or bought a car with your card. Don't get too worried about it. . Worse case is you would be ordered to make small payments. And if you have kids and dont make alot of money or receive government assistance, congratulations you are " uncollectable"

Type the calling party's phone number into the internet web search. If it's a Scam, somebody has already reported it, and it will give info from where the call comes from, and comments from those who've been harassed by those scams. The main base is in India, with several satellite bases in the U.S.A. Texas, Arkansas, and at least one other State up north I can't remember offhand. They usually get your phone # from an on-line purchase from which they have association with the seller.
p.s. They have many, many phone #'s from which they call from, so if you block one number, they'll change their calling # in about a week.

Normally the collection scammers won't file an actual lawsuit. They'll threaten to, along with a lot of other bs to get money out of you.

Look up this number. 877-689-7966
Bay City Texas USA collecting agency. Been harassing since 2011. Don't give them your acct #. Folks say those bums made small $40 electronic withdrawals from their accounts.

Look up this number. 877-689-7966
Looks like it's probably a attorneys office the lender hired. I think the people involved are legit, and you got the court papers. You have to prove you paid it, if you did. Or try to avoid paying it or delay paying it. Or make payment arrangements. What kind of money do you owe? $500 ,5,000, $50,000. If it's the later bankruptcy may be your best option.

Have the judge subpena(sp) the bank you used to pay off the debt, hope you have receipts from those payments. Good luck.

I deal with this same issue about every 6 months. Some collection company buys up all my late sons depts. and tries getting me to pay them off. This has been gong on for 4 year now. Somewhere along the line one of these dirty b@stards would've looked into our counties death records and dug up his death certificate. They just keep selling the bad dept to someone else. I get calls and letters addressed to him and the calls get ignored and the letters make for good firestarters . The latest company even filed suit and has been sending certified letters to an old address. These people are roaches.

Funny thing is, at some point I had a bill company say that I as his father was libel for his dept. You should've heard me laugh my azz off at that one. I told the guy I thought you --------@#s were smart enough to not lend money to people who had no money. Good luck to you. The other one was I as his father had to supply them with a death certificate. I told this b!$ch that your a f&#kin lawyer. It would be easier for you to get it than me. DO YOUR JOB B!TCH!!! But they keep on selling that dept to some other company. It got to the point that I was having fun with the callers. It was a good way to blow off steam and hurl insults at people that I didn't feal bad about calling ugly names.

I know this does nothing for your situation, but it does add to the reputation of these scum suckers and the cesspool world and business that they lurk in.

I have read through most all of the preceeding six pages of posts.

I have seen no one ask EXACTLY what you are being sued for. You said that on your cerdit report the two cards you paid with another card were listed as written off by the origional card company -is that true? Are the two ( the money that was written off and the suit related? Do you have the statements that show you paid the two off with another card? You should have statements from both the origional companies that show a zero ballance and to back that up, you should have statements from the new card that you used showing the ammounts you paid to the two origional cards.

If a company filed a law suit against you, they have a very good idea that they can win. Do everything you do related to DISCOVERY in writing and get signatures from whomeve receives the requests. Keep EVERYTHING related to the case organized and in chronoligical order, where you can pull out a document or a receipt or anything else for the Judge. Unitl yu see what the plaintiff has, I would not even consider setteling with them - it can be a bluff from them with little to back up the bluff. I think that I would also be eady with a motion for the court to have the plaintiff pay for your time and expenses, if you prevail in the lawsuit.

Hal

Usually they file suit hoping you ignore them & they win a judgement by default . They don't need evidence to file, only to win.

Latest posts

Back