Need Part # for Stihl Bar Tip

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I know this is hard to believe, but my Stihl dealer has ordered the wrong sprocket nose bar tip twice. This bar tip fits a 3002 000 9757 bar, which uses 404 chain. The sales receipt says that the first tip she ordered was 3003 650 2539. I recall that being the right size to fit the bar, but it carried a 3/8" pitch sprocket. So that was wrong.

The current sales receipt says that the second tip she ordered was 3003 650 2555. She insisted against my advice that my 880's saw's bar has a small tip. The tip that arrived has a 404 sprocket but this tip is too small for the bar. So, once again the wrong part arrived.

What is the part number that I need? Does anybody know?

From what I see from HarleyT, looks like it's 3003 650 2538.

That's what I told her before she ordered 3003 650 2555. She told me I was wrong. Funny thing, I cannot even find that part number on the sheet that HarleyT shows here. You have to wonder what the supplier actually shipped.

I was able to find that part number 3003 650 2551. Look on the bottom and third up line. Perhaps your problems lie in efforts to get wide nose bars out of use.
(Edited to 2551) That could be true, Franny, but there are still lots of wide-nose bars out there and many loggers prefer them. The sales receipt says that 2555 was ordered. At this point, I'll call it a mystery part number.

Oh, and I did check. The small tip narrow nose that actually arrived does have 404 pitch. Strange indeed. There is no 404 narrow nose tip in the table shown above.

Look at the bottom lines (I see you did) apparently I have problems keying in numbers. Probably coffee spills.
OK, so she should have ordered what I told her to order two months ago: 3003 650 2538. That fits bar 3002 000 9757. I carried the bar into the shop when I originally ordered back in May. I then specified the 2538 nose. She told me I was wrong. Maybe the asterisk in the table frightened her. Must have been something.

That screen shot I posted was from a file Saw Troll posted a while back. It is most likely European in origin. I spent a few minutes and can not see what the asterisk references.
Thanks, Franny. I will show this table and the one HarleyT posted to the same clerk once again and once again bring in the bar. If she gives me any more flak, I will get a refund and go to another Stihl dealer. Thanks very much to both you and HarleyT.

BTW, I pasted these images bitmapped into MS Publisher in landscape mode and then printed them out. Both were very legible. I imagine MS Word would also have worked.

Thanks, Franny. I will show this table and the one HarleyT posted to the same clerk once again and once again bring in the bar. If she gives me any more flak, I will get a refund and go to another Stihl dealer. Thanks very much to both you and HarleyT.

BTW, I pasted these images bitmapped into MS Publisher in landscape mode and then printed them out. Both were very legible. I imagine MS Word would also have worked.
Well, she not only gave me flak, she insisted it was my mistake (not hers) and refused to give me a refund of my money or an exchange toward the purchase of the new roller nose. So, I'm stuck with the wrong part and had to shell out yet another $21 toward the correct one. It might arrive in a month or so. My head was shaking as I left the dealership.

Interesting business. Any comments?

Call these folks on Mon.
Tell them about your dealer:
Crader Distributing Company
808 Hwy 34 West
Marble Hill, MO 63764
Telephone: 573-238-2675
Fax: 573-238-3088

Back