Need some help

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zeus103363

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hi all. Trying to deside on a purchase of a Kubota L3830hst with a fel. My employer is liquidating some equipment and this tractor is on the list. Now the bad part. This tractor was replaced 2 years ago when it quit running. I believe it's a 2008 model, so it worked 5 hard years. Utilities are very hard on equipment so it looks like it went through a war. 3000 hours I believe. When it quit or they stopped using it, the injector pump was messed up, it would barely make 1000 rpm. It is parked out behind the truck shop and that is where it has sat. So I would be buying this on a hope the engine is still ok, and no rats has eaten through any wires. The oil is black so it doesn't have any water in it. The price is $2700, plus what ever it costs to repair. Injector pump repair, two flat tires, new seat, changing all filters and oil and hydro fluid. New battery, and a hope all else goes well. Yep, I can't deside. If this thing turns into project money pit... I could see 5k or more trying to get this thing back running hauling firewood. Anyone with thoughts?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I527 using Tapatalk

what is cost of a comparable tractor or . what would tractor be worth if you got it in good shape.
If you have to spend $5000 and end up with a 10-12,000 tractor you would be money ahead.
Depending on your engine but injector pumps for most Kubota models can be bought exchange for $400-600 dollars.

Suppose you can sell it in parts if the cost is to high to fix it and still make some money.

Sent fra min Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

Good advice above I would say, research and see what a used tractor with similar features and condition goes for and then decide if it's worth that gamble. Sometimes you gotta risk it to get the biscuit!

25,200 in Georgia, 16,500 in Tennessee, 15,999 in North Dakota, 16,900 in Ohio, 14,777 in Ont, Can. , 12,900 in Michigan. Per tractor house listings
All these I found for sale show 2500 hours or more on the meter. So I would say that is a deal, with some work you will have a 10,000 machine at least.

:D Al

Sounds to me like you have about double the purchase price if you part it out (worst case scenario). A couple hours of shop labor at a dealer to get an exact # for complete repair costs is a good investment in my mind.

Back