New 120v Li-ion Cordless Chainsaw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DHT

ArboristSite.com Sponsor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

We are pretty excited to announce our new Brushless Li-ion tool brand: Redback

We are launching an entire 120v line of chore tools for spring 2017. They were first shown at the Hardware Show earlier this year and will be shown again at the GIE show in a few months. They include a 120v lawn mower, Blower, Straight shaft String Trimmer, and most importantly to you guys....an 18" Chainsaw.

We'll be shooting some video shortly but if one or two of you guys would like to review the product for us we would be happy to send out some samples.

The specs are very favorable to what is currently on the market.

Battery: 120V Li-ion 2 or 3 amp hr
Power: 240 or 360 watt hrs
Bar: 18" Tri-Link or Oregon 3/8"
Speed: 12 m/s
Tensioner: Tooless
Motor: Brushless
Oiler: Auto
Brake: Dual: Mechanical and electric
MSRP: $299
Warranty: 5 years

120V Chain Saw in Action (Small).jpg
120v_chainsaw_1000px.jpg

Oh and we forgot the ice auger for all of you ice fishermen... see below:

I've been there before!

If you want to send a saw this way we'll test it. Run saws everyday. I'm not afraid to call a baby ugly if it is either.

I'm interested to see how it works in the cold. My 18v Milwaukee stuff doesn't do good, have to keep the batteries in the shop.

I've been there before!

If you want to send a saw this way we'll test it. Run saws everyday. I'm not afraid to call a baby ugly if it is either.

I'm interested to see how it works in the cold. My 18v Milwaukee stuff doesn't do good, have to keep the batteries in the shop.

The 18v stuff - do you mean in the shop to charge? We've got some 18v Fuel brushless Milwaukee drills, that get used outside in the cold (well, not Arctic cold, but maybe in the -10-15c range), that seem to do pretty good. But we were told they need to be charged in a warm place - which we'd do anyway.

The 18v stuff - do you mean in the shop to charge? We've got some 18v Fuel brushless Milwaukee drills, that get used outside in the cold (well, not Arctic cold, but maybe in the -10-15c range), that seem to do pretty good. But we were told they need to be charged in a warm place - which we'd do anyway.

If left out in the cold they go dead or don't work. Have to keep in jacket or a warm place.

+1 Use all Milwaukie and a lot of it battery. Little 12 V 1/4 inch hex awesome for chainsaw work.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk

Hmm, well I responded in this thread and messaged them, with interest in testing/maybe becoming a dealer (OPE retail shop/repairs since 1989). Have heard nothing at all.

Last on here yesterday so clearly being ignored for some reason. Even a "no" would be less rude!

Hmm, well I responded in this thread and messaged them, with interest in testing/maybe becoming a dealer (*** retail shop/repairs since 1989). Have heard nothing at all.

Last on here yesterday so clearly being ignored for some reason. Even a "no" would be less rude!

Sorry traveling, back in the office next week.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OH Goody another fire starter on the market. How come people can't seem to get the message that Lithium Ion batteries are fire starters. Hover boards, cell phones and now this flock of stuff. Just make sure you store in in a concrete building with a metal roof system or just out side some place.

:D Al

You guys that get a chance to try them out. Please update us on how they work out.
I would be interested in one for sure. Would be great to keep next to the boiler to trim something that didn't quite fit, or to keep with the splitter to help get some uglys to stack better.

Steven

OH Goody another fire starter on the market. How come people can't seem to get the message that Lithium Ion batteries are fire starters. Hover boards, cell phones and now this flock of stuff. Just make sure you store in in a concrete building with a metal roof system or just out side some place.

The sky is falling!

No the sky isn't falling but the fires are a fact of life and the batteries in phones have been in the news just about every day for about two weeks.

I retract my comment on leaving it out side. Don't need any wild fires, use the concrete building with a metal roof.

No the sky isn't falling but the fires are a fact of life and the batteries in phones have been in the news just about every day for about two weeks.

I retract my comment on leaving it out side. Don't need any wild fires, use the concrete building with a metal roof.

There are hundreds of millions if not billions of Li-ion batteries in use in the US alone ..you better get your phobia in check!

In all seriousness I'm waiting for these electric cars to start blowing up.

Here is the weight of an 18" saw with a 3 amp hr battery and Oregon bar/chain. 16.3 lbs.
We'll see how many samples we have out for test and available for a couple of you.

Attachments

• 120v chainsaw weight.JPG
    120v chainsaw weight.JPG
    204.5 KB · Views: 66
  • 120v chainsaw weight2.JPG
    120v chainsaw weight2.JPG
    210.6 KB · Views: 57
Back