New biljax lift

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lift

Well I just talked to the national nifty lift sales rep. Im talked to him about the nifty TM 50. It seems like the machine that I would be able to afford.

LXT it has the dual energy that you like also that is run by a 6.5 hp Honda motor. He told me that the 6.5 motor is enough to work the machine fine. It is definatly going to be one of my top choices if I buy new. I might buy a used machine if I can find one just to get started with.
jason

LXT, are you talking platform or lift rotation? All Nifty's have 355 or better for boom rotation, but the platform is only 100 degrees. Just thought I'd throw that out there.

That makes a big difference, by the way the specs read it said 100 degrees non continuous I just thought it referred to the turn table. Now that makes me want to demo sooner.............thanks motor!!

LXT........

sd 50

lxt once you use the machine and get use to it the articulating jib boom wont be missed I thought it would be a problem but it isn't,the rotation at 100 degrees isn't a problem either because the basket is smaller and get into tighter spots.all i can say is try it and the machine will speak for its self.Ive tested biljax had a genie never happen again even if they give me one for free,and terex and the only one that proved itself was the nifty.the tm 64 I know you can get a diesel with proportional hydraulics I'm not sure about the tm50 if you can its well worth it.I'm just trying to give you guys facts and what I've gone threw the last few years so you don't have what happened to me to you.It cost me alot of money and almost my business with genie and the bi energy computers batteries and the small honda motor.its not designed for what we do.the constant use of up and down side to side for 6hrs straight wears out the machine quicker than other professions using it.be careful demo the unit ask lots of questions and get everything in writing.

nifty tm 50

Hi fierman I was just wondering what your thoughts were on the tm 50. the rep told he that it was still perportional but the dual energy uses only a 6.5hp Honda to run the boom and battery to backup. It has a 55 wh, Only real problem is that if i decide to go with the tm 50 they wont be in until beginning or end of May.

I you or anyone else knows where there is a tm 64 that is what I really would like. Use would be preffered but I will try to come up with the money for new If I can.

thanks
jason

tm 50

first what type of work are you going to do with the lift.If you are going to do back yard work or trees were bucket trucks cant get to I recommend a sd 50 or sd 64.the tm 50 is an excellent lift the tm 64 you can get with a diesel.call pete taft at 847-833-7687 he will help you find a lift.they have used sd50 tm 64 tm50.If you don't get in touch with him pm me and i will find you a lift.

nifty

Thanks for keeping a eyeout fireman. I called on both units today they are both sold. Guess Im striking out on the nifty lifts, but I will keep trying.
jason

nifty sd 50

first time post, read alot but don't post much. just wanted to let you guys know that i just bought a nifty sd 50 diesel kubota on machinery trader with only 137 hours on it. picked it up for under 33k. its has the 4x4 option on it. it is the best machine for the money(for me that is), considering the unbelievable prices on some of the other machines out there. the idle on the unit was a little low, but half a turn on the idle screw and it is very fast in the air. you can drive it at .5 mph or 1 mph on low speed. turn it on high speed and the engine runs at full speed which means you can drive at about 4 mph on low and 5 mph on high. it moves faster than you can walk. you can, and will get into trouble driving it if you are not careful. my unit only has one handle to go forward/reverse and left/right at the same time. very nice!!! very nice controls when moving. not as fast as one handle like altec, but only need to move three valves to move around in the air. after a couple of trips in the air, you dont have to look at controls at all. do not have battery backup on this unit. start and stop from basket, and preheat glow plugs from basket too. well i guess i said enough, just my 2 cents worth.:greenchainsaw: :greenchainsaw:

nifty lift.

Was it the sd 50 that was in pennsylvania. I think that that it the lift that firman had posted in his post. Your a luck man, I was really hoping to get that.
jason

Was it the sd 50 that was in pennsylvania. I think that that it the lift that firman had posted in his post. Your a luck man, I was really hoping to get that.
jason

He might be lucky? if thats the altoona lift owned by a construction company.... I dont know!! I talked to that guy.

JSK, I pm`ed you about this, I saw those lifts when first posted, actually the track drive I was called about immediately cause my lift is for sale with NLEQ & they new I was looking for such a lift.

What scares me about this is: they were very cheap!! kinda like someone just wanted to get rid of em!! both units were 2006 with under 200hrs, Im thinking & after talking with the guy mentioned above, these machines were problematic, the warranties were up & the owners new how much things would cost if they held onto the machines.......SOooo they let em go CHEAP!!

I would really be interested in seeing the the PM sheets on these 2 machines, also the warranty work that was provided!! Im bettin there was significant problems & with the warranty over...........let someone else have the problems!

I hope this is not the case for you wjjmlg, but my advice get those repair/warranty logs........atleast this way if the same problem arises again you have documentation & the part might be warranted!!! Good LucK

honestly I passed on both machines!!

LXT............

nifty sd 50

hello again, the machine i got was out of virginia. i never thought about the warranty on the machine. i new the warranty was out, so it really didn't effect me on buying it or not. ALL MACHINES BREAK!!!!!!!(it does not matter how much you pay for it, or how much better they think their unit is) but since it does not run off all kind of computers like most of the others, i figured it would be cheaper to fix in the long run. all they have is limit switches on everything, which can be hot wired to get you out of a bind of you are stuck in a back yard. the machine with my specs is about 70k and i got mine for less than 33k. the biggest part is the kubota, and i'm sure i could get a new one for less than 37k. so i don't feel like i got screwed or anything like that. very happy with my purchase. plenty tall enough for me because i have a altec crane with a 127 foot powered main boom with a personnal basket for the high stuff. now i have everything i need to work those hurricanes down here that we get every year. just needed something small to get into those tight spots(sometime a tight spot is good!!!!! if you know what i mean). :) :) :)

altec 38-127 crane with two man personnal basket
elliot 18-70(command post)cp crane with two man personnal basket
nifty lift sd 50
4 dump trailers
yanmar loader v4-5
sthil 660, 460, (3)260 (3)192t
bunch of other stuff too thats fun to play with!!

sd 50

wjjmlg you will love the machine when you get it on the job sites no one else can.its very safe and stable in high winds,I cant say enough about my machine other than it does everything I ask it to and more.keep us posted on how its running .

ALL MACHINES BREAK!!!!!!!(it does not matter how much you pay for it), the machine with my specs is about 70k and i got mine for less than 33k.

Think about that!!!

I truely hope all is good & you make tons of $$$$ It just seems strange that a machine a little over a year old would sell for 1/2 of what it cost brand new!!! maybe the warranty`s worth $30-$40k LOL

You cant even buy a used towable 1 yr old for much less!!! Good Luck!

LXT..........

nifty sd 50

here are a few pictures of my unit. i hope it downloads ok, not very good with computer, try to get more pictures later, thanks for all the info.

here are a few pictures of my unit. i hope it downloads ok, not very good with computer, try to get more pictures later, thanks for all the info.

Nice set up....do you or anybody know if they sell them in Canada (I'm in Ontario) any help would be appreciated!:greenchainsaw:

Guys I think if your patient you will be able to pick up these self propelled models alot cheaper in about a 1yr, I know many dont want to wait at all!

I was going to sell my lift to a guy from Florida....he made an offer & after some thought I passed, I can make $17-$18k easily with this machine, they wanted it so bad that they were gonna give me a break on the new biljax unit.

They`re selling them for $40,500 but would sell to me for $39,500 the price of this unit is all over the place, I was quoted $57k from the factory, $48k from sales & now $39,500..........ive been seeing nifty`s allot cheaper too $30-$38k range.

Im thinking the used market on these babies is crap & I give it a year & you`ll be able to if you want to pick up a machine(s) for 28k give or take, this kinda scares me........what will they be worth in 4-5yrs if there loosing 1/2 the sticker price in a year or less..............or whats wrong with em??

LXT..............

lift

I hear what you are saying. I was wondering the same thing. It is almost like a new car. drive it away and lose 5 grand . I was also wondering maybe someone will answer this. does the sd 50 have individual hydrolic motors on each wheel or a axle. I havent seen one up close.
jason

If Im not mistaken the drive systems are a hydraulic motor with a "swing brake" & hydraulic actuated tie rods, I tried to view the drive system on the biljax but that baby is gaurded, even their website manual has blank pages when you look up that section.

How about it Fireman is the nifty propelled with hydraulic motors & such?

neat idea but an expensive one too!! wait till you see what those brakes cost im refering to the one attached to the hydraulic motor not the spring & pad system!!

The swing brake for my genie is a $2000.00 part, the swing motor is around $375.00 & once your in there might as well change the slew ring & all the other goodies its around a $4000.00 fix!! thank god all that was done before I purchased it.........however a new swing motor was put on last year, mechanic thought it was bad.....factory rep & program showed it was proportional valve..........so I got a 2 for 1.

LXT...........

sd 50

there is a single motor that runs all the hydraulics to each wheel.there are two controls one set runs the wheels and the jack the other control then runs hydraulics to the bucket.you can not use them at the same time for safety.im at the fire house right now when i get home I WILL LOOK INTO MORE FOR YOU.WE just got done doing a job on the lake side with a real steep grade with snow and ice had to get the lift in on a patio had only 5.6 ft to get lift down between house and land scapeing and then sharp turn on on steep grade to patio no problem.it climbed the hill with no problem and making turn on steep grade very stable couldnt believe it.I dont think a spider lift could of made that turn on that type of grade to top heavy but im not sure.this lift has realy saved us.it is so versitele and safe.you dont have to push or worry about getting stuck cut are set up time by hrs.i will get some pics up of grade and patio so you guys can see how well this lift can get into spots..

Back