New Echo CS-620

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 600 you let me run wasn't that bad. The cylinder looks great from your picture. How many thousandths would it take to get a noticeable jump in compression? :msp_w00t:

.050 would be a good start...
Randy has actually built a couple of these.
He'd know better how to get ~200 out of em'...

.050 would be a good start...
Randy has actually built a couple of these.
He'd know better how to get ~200 out of em'...

Mastermind told me that a ported 600p was "badazz". And I believe Brad said that echo "left a lot on the table" with their cylinders, and his he did in a vid looked pretty snazzy.

Mine was nice, I mean I *really* like it, all of it, power, handling, starting ease, etc.,... until I toasted it running lean with the stock carb setting...man, did I feel just slap tarded...

:(

Learned a lot since then though! Got a lot of saws now, and learned to work on them! And how to tune better! Yowza!

;)

Only thing I don't like is OEM only, no cheap aftermarket stuff. Not a single one of these aftermarket places make a cylinder/piston to fit them, or better, a big bore kit. A 70 big bore with better porting would be interesting if it was available...I'd be in for one BB kit if enough guys would commit and we could get a run of them made cheap.

I had to open up the 600 and see what was inside... It's a very nice jug. Likes to run without a base gasket too..:msp_rolleyes:

attachment.php

Just a tick more intake duration helps too...

One would have to cut the squish band to get much more compression though, as the combustion chamber is huge...

Nice looking cylinder, right Troll. Steve

Wrap handle-yes, strato-no, echo is doing away with the only strato they had in the 550. I would like to see a 65-70cc saw in that chassis as well, and have suggested it at every opportunity, the chassis has the girth to handle more power, but Echo's feeling is that competing in the 70 cc market with 372xp's and 441's isn't worth their while.:(

If not strato, what was the upgrade in 2012 that yielded the better fuel economy, greater torque, and reduced emissions in the 600 from the year before?

High weight for a modern 60cc saw (13.7 lbs), and no power specs, as usual.

The UK Power spec for the 610 is 3.0 kW, which is 4.1 hp - again very unimpressive for a modern 60cc saw.

Those specs are very close to the 162se, that came out in 1976...... :msp_rolleyes:

Judas Priest... Give it a rest.

Your rhetoric is so old and tiresome.

Published (or unpublished) specs don't always translate to the real world the same way for every saw. I've run several 60cc saws of different makes and models. Many are nearly the same and the echo runs right with the pack. I happen to own the 600p. I won't delusionaly report that the echo slaps them all but it's done right by me. I also own saws from the big 2. I will say that the echo is the most saw for the money. It also has the added advantage of being the easiest to start, every time. Not that the others are nigh impossible, it simply take fewer pulls. Period.

I'm pretty sure that you've never run one or personally know anyone who has without a serious brand bias toward your orange saws of the north. You are going off of nothing but printed figures. It reflects your own narrow-mindedness and lack of objective reason. You discredit yourself with each successive post like the one above. Maybe if you spent more time actually running saws and less time just reading about them, you'd be able to make more of a contribution to a thread like this.

Judas Priest... Give it a rest.

Your rhetoric is so old and tiresome.

Published (or unpublished) specs don't always translate to the real world the same way for every saw. I've run several 60cc saws of different makes and models. Many are nearly the same and the echo runs right with the pack. I happen to own the 600p. I won't delusionaly report that the echo slaps them all but it's done right by me. I also own saws from the big 2. I will say that the echo is the most saw for the money. It also has the added advantage of being the easiest to start, every time. Not that the others are nigh impossible, it simply take fewer pulls. Period.

I'm pretty sure that you've never run one or personally know anyone who has without a serious brand bias toward your orange saws of the north. You are going off of nothing but printed figures. It reflects your own narrow-mindedness and lack of objective reason. You discredit yourself with each successive post like the one above. Maybe if you spent more time actually running saws and less time just reading about them, you'd be able to make more of a contribution to a thread like this.

I like the 600, But I understand where Saw Troll is coming from... I think he's looking for something revolutionary in a "new" model, and that's just not something Echo seems to be capable of for whatever reason... They have, however, managed to take existing technology, and produced a well built, low vibe, completely satisfactory saw, that I would have no hesitation taking to the field every day...
And yes, they start great! The price point is very good too...
I'm sure, if Echo came out with a 60cc saw that weighed 12 lbs and had no vibes, and put out 5.5 HP, Niko would be all ears... :msp_wink:

If not strato, what was the upgrade in 2012 that yielded the better fuel economy, greater torque, and reduced emissions in the 600 from the year before?

I too, would like to know this...
Piston design?
Port timing?
Thinner base gasket?

I like the 600, But I understand where Saw Troll is coming from... I think he's looking for something revolutionary in a "new" model, and that's just not something Echo seems to be capable of for whatever reason... They have, however, managed to take existing technology, and produced a well built, low vibe, completely satisfactory saw, that I would have no hesitation taking to the field every day...
I'm sure, if Echo came out with a 60cc saw that weighed 12 lbs and had no vibes, and put out 5.5 HP, Niko would be all ears... :msp_wink:

Troll would never be all ears even if Echo made a 5# 12hp saw that lasted forever and cost $99. Steve

Well, I can't address the weight issue, but it is possible to maybe take that saw and get it to 70 cc with an aftermarket kit I would think. This would at least be a compromise, more power at the same or very similar weight. Perhaps one of the site sponsors could ramrod this, at least make some inquiries as to what a minimum production run would entail and cost, then see if the echo nuts here and elsewhere might be able to prepay for it?

If you can do it with a dolkita, I am not seeing why this isn't possible with the echo. It's a nice beefy saw, seems to be plenty of room there.

I have a toasted top end I can donate to someone who knows what they are doing with measuring and porting, etc to see if this is really possible or not, to make some sort of prototype that could be used as a model for the casting and production, etc.

I don't know if that is the best way, someone who knows please chime in here, how exactly are new cylinders designed and made? I honestly can't tell one way or the other if existing ones have enough metal to be bored and ported, etc. I know one like that wouldn't run because it would need the plating then, just wondering how feasible this is, because I really am just wishful thinking and guessing, this is way above my paygrade here.

it just *seems* possible, and looking at the prices of aftermarket kits and how many there are now out there for reasonable, well....

I too, would like to know this...
Piston design?
Port timing?
Thinner base gasket?

2012 CS-600P has a different piston & cylinder (different design& porting) as well as a different digital ignition coil. It also has more compression.

2012 CS-600P has a different piston & cylinder (different design& porting) as well as a different digital ignition coil. It also has more compression.

So,
D. All the above... :msp_biggrin:

Now, which one do I have?
2012???
quad port / Semi closed port "strange design actually"

I am talking to a friend of mine that is an echo tech,, he hasn't even heard of the 620 yet,, I was hoping to get the info on it from him

So,
D. All the above... :msp_biggrin:

Now, which one do I have?
2012???
quad port / Semi closed port "strange design actually"

Is your handle aluminum or plastic? That was also an upgrade in 2012 that accompanied the other other changes. The first gen had the composite handle.

Is your handle aluminum or plastic? That was also an upgrade in 2012 that accompanied the other other changes. The first gen had the composite handle.

Aluminum...
I was just impressed to crack it open and find quad ports!!!
Yee haw!!!!
:msp_wink:

Back