New England Climbers (or northeast U.S.)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It seems you guys have a good grip on the level of professionalism and skill that I bring to the table. A miracle worker would be an excellent characterization on the things I can achieve with a rope saddle and chainsaw!:chainsaw:

Alpine, What kind of climbing helmet do you use? It seems like it would have to be pretty big....................:biggrinbounce2:

The Son of Man dont need a helmet. that halo is all He needs. still though, for safety sake, He will wear his safety goggles while cutting in the tree.

oldirty

BOston could you PM me the address of the climb so I can start printing out directions to the climb and to my hotel in Chicopee. And if my some chance is rains, :angry:, I will still be in town and up for climbing any which way.

update

We are waiting to hear back about our request for permission, should know by next week. If for some unknown reason we get shot down we have already come up with a back up plan. I don't want to add to any confusion by sending details that may have to change. Stay tuned..................G

So what is the verdict? Are we good to go? As well how is the weather forcast for this weekend, so I can tell the little lady so she doesn't try packing 3 suitcases for a 1 night stay.

Also I got a new static rope, that snake bite looks :censored: awesome. Saturday might be my first day of climbing on in depending on how Friday goes. All I have left now to go is splice up the other end up my PI rope and I should be good to go.

Saturday is forecast to be a beautiful day: highs in the mid-60s and sunny. Maybe a bit of rain in the early morning could make the trees a bit slick to start out.

So what is the verdict? Are we good to go? As well how is the weather forcast for this weekend, so I can tell the little lady so she doesn't try packing 3 suitcases for a 1 night stay.

Also I got a new static rope, that snake bite looks :censored: awesome. Saturday might be my first day of climbing on in depending on how Friday goes. All I have left now to go is splice up the other end up my PI rope and I should be good to go.

The climb is on, I talked to OTG Boston last night. Looking forward to climbing with you again '020. Everyone who has committed to being there should have recieved PM for the meeting location. PM OTG Boston if you haven't. Weather looks great for the weekend. Will be a little cool which is excellent, less biting bugs.
-moss

Am I not cool enough to get an invite?
I thought you were working Saturday! We already know you are cooler than cool. Man it's getting chill in here. Donny, turn down the AC will you? It's only May!

Meeting location PM'd, meet time is 10:00 am (sorry about that, I know it's the crack of dawn for you).
-moss

Last edited:
I am having a small problem here. First I read that the gtg is on but no pm. Then I get a pm. Then I read, who I got the pm from isn't sure if he is invited and I can't find the address on mapquest. I sent a pm to otg for the details but no reply. Should I figure I wasn't wanted. Or should I drive three and a half hours to an uncertain destination? I am sure I am wanted :( so, how about some clear instructions.

I am having a small problem here. First I read that the gtg is on but no pm. Then I get a pm. Then I read, who I got the pm from isn't sure if he is invited and I can't find the address on mapquest. I sent a pm to otg for the details but no reply. Should I figure I wasn't wanted. Or should I drive three and a half hours to an uncertain destination? I am sure I am wanted :( so, how about some clear instructions.

OTG Boston is offline last night through today. I'll fill in today with climb communications, or Treebeach may contact you as well.

We're not broadcasting the the meet location, there is not unlimited room to climb. If anyone has committed to attending the climb, they should've been PM'd the location. If not PM me and I'll send info. Apologies if communications have fallen through the cracks.

Adrpk and Climb020, detailed directions have been PM'd to you.
-moss

My splicing kit never came. Probably come tomorrow. I don't have a lanyard. I am supposing I will just use a knot in my rope. If someone could bring me a fid for a three strand, half inch, treemaster rope maybe I could whip something together. Btw sounds like my sister will be coming. I think we will bring bikes.

Back