New Mill coming to Texas !!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cousinwill

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Hello everyone ! After years of thinking about it I finally order a Norwood mill today, after getting permission from my wife of course !! Very excited about it. I was told it would probably ship the third week in July.

I have a fulltime job but also a part time woodworking business. It's a small business !! My woodworking mainly consist of wood turning and natural edge tables. I'm hoping to expand the furniture end of the small business with the help of this mill. There are other things I'm hoping to accomplish with the mill as well.

This site is full of useful information. I've already borrowed some of y'alls ideas in preparation for the delivery of my mill. I look forward to learning more !

Here's what I've ordered:

LM29 with 13 hp Honda motor,
Trailer/Support Package,
Saw Cover,
Cam Dog Kit,
Spare parts package,
Cant Hook,
Extra Cross Bunk kit,
Box of 5 blades,
Quick drain oil valve

Hi Neighbor!

Fellow Texan (just south of you in Lufkin)

I guess the Log Masters there in Nac are a little too expensive?

Hi Neighbor!

Fellow Texan (just south of you in Lufkin)

I guess the Log Masters there in Nac are a little too expensive?

Hello Neighbor !! Log Masters went under a couple of years ago. Their location on Hwy 259 is closed and for sale. I've noticed they opened a new location just south of that location but it's a small portable building. I thought they just handled blades (sharpening, etc) but I never checked. You have a mill ?

I have a Stihl 066 and an Alaskan mill. I've only done a few piddly things with it so far. The last was a pretty good size hickory that has just begun the process of splitting on me while drying.

I have a Stihl 066 and an Alaskan mill. I've only done a few piddly things with it so far. The last was a pretty good size hickory that has just begun the process of splitting on me while drying.

Dang that's a big saw ! I understanding the cracking issue. The wood I've cut in the past I anchor sealed
the ends and hope that they don't check too much. But I've learned to work with the slabs and bowl blanks however they end up. I've gotten into using epoxy and crushed stones to fill checks and voids. Seems to work pretty good !

I've milled a fair amount on a LM29, it's a good mill...

Set up right, it turns out lumber just good as the most expensive mills...

SR

Got the mill delivered. It comes in a lot of boxes !! I've got it 95% complete. The other 5% is missing parts that Norwood is shipping to me. The bummer is those 5% parts prevent me from cutting wood ! Hopefully the parts will be here soon !! Here is the first picture of the mill in boxes and the other is where I'm at now . This mill seems to be well built.

Back