New to forums!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MNfarmer

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
Hi all, wanted to introduce myself to the forums!! Been reading here for over a year and decided to join!! Just bought an MS 440 today thanks to all the great info here. :clap: Thanks everyone!!!!

Hey MNFarmer - welcome aboard! Enjoy the saw, but be careful - once you have one, well... one is never enough! :greenchainsaw:

thanks everyone!! I'm about an hour northeast of Brainerd or about an hour and a half west of Duluth in a little town that's probably not on the map!!!!:laugh:

Go Stihl !!!!

Congrats on the 440, If you could own just one saw, that would be a great choice ! Of course , no one can own just one ... ( have you picked out your next saw yet? )
:yoyo: :yoyo: :yoyo: WELCOME ABOARD !

Welcome aboard MNfarmer!

I just bought a 441 about three weeks ago. 440 was my first choice but no one had them in stock. 440 is a fine saw. So far the 441 seems to be a fine one as well.

Happy cutting! :chainsawguy:

thanks everyone!! I'm about an hour northeast of Brainerd or about an hour and a half west of Duluth in a little town that's probably not on the map!!!!:laugh:

welcome, and a shot at where your from-- McGreger. if you get down to Brainerd, stop out at my shop.

sugarbush.. I'm from Palisade, bout 20 minutes from McGregor. Where are you at in Brainerd? Yes I was happy to get the 440. I didn't know if they would have any left so I was thinking of the 441 as well. As it turns out I got the last 440 :jawdrop: . Used it a little bit this evening and it's a really nice saw!! At only a pound heavier than my 290 I can hardly tell the difference in weight. As far as my next one.. I think I'm set for a while, just bought the 290 a year and a half ago. But I did say when I bought the 290 that that was it for a while.. so who knows :dizzy:
thanks again everyone

Hey MNfarmer, welcome to AS, and if it you can, get over to the gtg in WI this November, would love to put my 460 against that 440, and see what all the hubbub is about.:greenchainsaw:

Ok cool...I know where McGregor is, but I've never heard of palisade. I'm about 15 minutes west of Detroit Lakes. I was going to say hill city, but I would have been off by quite a bit lol.

MNfarmer.. palisade,that's nice country up there. new someone that had property there year's ago, ( fred cox). i'm south of town a little over a mile on greenwood st.--- I'm sure you'll like the 440, one of stihl's better saw's.

wdchuck.. when and where in wis. is the gtg, and what is the gtg ( sorry for the ignorance).

Been to detroit lakes a few times.. nice country over there too
If i'm heading to Brainerd sugarbush i'll let you know.. would be fun to see your shop

Back