New to Husqvarna saws

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FISH BAIT

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Recently got an awesome deal on an almost new 395xp. I have been needing to upgrade my milling saw for a while now. The deal is I have never owned a Husqvarna just Stihl. I'm just wondering if you guys can help me out with any heads up info, things to look out for, special maintenance, good resources for parts. All of my parts orders will have to be online because there isn't a Husqvarna dealer within 2 hours of where I live.

Thanks
FB

I've owned primarily Husqvarna saws so I can't give you much on differences. I did mess up a 394 pretty good by trying to finish out a day with a dull chain in dirty wood and overheating it but that kind of stupid will screw up any brand. For parts I've had good service and prices from spike60 on this site.

I've owned primarily Husqvarna saws so I can't give you much on differences. I did mess up a 394 pretty good by trying to finish out a day with a dull chain in dirty wood and overheating it but that kind of stupid will screw up any brand. For parts I've had good service and prices from spike60 on this site.

Thanks for the info. I pretty much figured a saw is a saw. Sharp chain, synthetic oil, good fuel, clean air filter.

keep the chain sharp and the chain oil topped up and the throttle full on and you shouldn't have many problems!

Back