New To Me Wood Hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This one has a 302 in it with a 5 speed manual tranny
IIRC that makes it a "light duty" F250, no? 68-7200(?) GVWR VS 8600 on the F250 "HD"
Nice truck, I love buying southern vehicles. That truck would have been that same price around here, no extra charge for see-through fenders though...:rolleyes:

Is it really all that hard to put together coherent posts with some semblance of grammar?

"Around here there are many 1 ton flat beds sitting in the lots. I had a 99 Chevy flat bed dump that I had to give to the human pound to get rid of it. I was able to claim it as a $6000.00 tax write off though."

Around here one ton flat beds a lot setting in the lots around here I had a 99 chevy flat bed dump had to give it to human pound to get read of it as a tax write off. I got offered $1500.00 so I got $6000.00 tax write off.

IIRC that makes it a "light duty" F250, no?
That would be correct.
The wheels on it are a dead give-a-way also... it ain't got the full-float Sterling rear axle, it's got the Dana.

That's not meant by me to take anything away from the truck... it's surely a nice one.
My '94 Ford (with only 68,000 miles) has so much rust that "see-through fenders" don't describe it... more like a see-through truck.

Nice looking truck, think you'll be happy. Tons of the obs fords up here. Been driving my 93 f250 for a lot of years.

The wheels on it are a dead give-a-way also...
The wheels? What are you seeing there? I see 8 lugs, rear wheels have the deep center cap, so it could have a full floater under there...front hubs are the smaller ones, but I have seen the smaller hubs on lots of 8600# trucks...you got me on this one...?

How true. Up North they would be worth a bunch, down here they are just the norm. No undercoating either and they still look new underneath. This one has a 302 in it with a 5 speed manual tranny 139k miles. Picked it up for $2800.
Youd get arrested for something like that around here, because its criminal to find a deal like that. You can buy the same make a model up here for the same price, at the junkayard.

00U0U_bbWsxsHlYEH_600x450.jpg
Here's what $2500 get's ya in NE Ohio, 1989 f250 4x4 351 5 speed...
Ford single wheel 8 lug trucks from late '85 to '97 got the FF 10.25 Sterling .
Not all 'em, only the HD 25o or SRW 350

The wheels? What are you seeing there? I see 8 lugs, rear wheels have the deep center cap, so it could have a full floater under there...front hubs are the smaller ones, but I have seen the smaller hubs on lots of 8600# trucks...you got me on this one...?

The extended cabs got dana 50's and regular cabs got dana 44 hd. Snow plow prep probably also got dana 50. Thus large and small front hub.

Large hub was Dana 50. Dana 60 lock outs, outer stub axle, and smaller almost 44 sized gears. Overall a solid front axle but hard use will bend the fabricated housing and break spider gears pretty easy.

Nice truck...wish we had those up here

From what I understand this is not the HD F250 I do think it has 3.55 gears with a Dana up front and a Ford Rear in the back. I have not had any problem loading it with green oak to the top of my wooden sides. It does get lower in the rear when fully loaded but I still have a few inches between the chrome fender trim and the top of the tires. It is no speed demon with a load but it goes down the highway really good with the 5 speed manual transmission. I am going to use it today to tow a hay elevator back from a farmer and I'll be converting it to a firewood conveyor.

Conveyor_600x450.jpg

Large hub was Dana 50. Dana 60 lock outs, outer stub axle, and smaller almost 44 sized gears. Overall a solid front axle but hard use will bend the fabricated housing and break spider gears pretty easy.
What I could never understand was why they made HD 250s with either size front hubs (axles). I have seen plenty of 460 v8 and diesel HDs with the smaller hubs...never made much sense to me...

Back