New To Me Wood Hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That truck looks nice and in quite good condition. How much load it can take. I mean I am thinking of buying a transport trailer, since I always need to relocate because of my profession and need to take my vehicle at new place. I use to hire the auto shipping services from a vehicle shipping company.

I found this nice '91 F250 4x4 Regular Cab, Long Bed down near the South Carolina/North Carolina State Line. No rust and she runs great, everything works as it should except for the AC. This is going to allow me to get to a whole lot more wood than the '86 C20 2wd I have been using. Getting ready to put some wood sides on it.

View attachment 413282

View attachment 413281

Well I made a few minor repairs to this truck and sold it. The gearing was a bit high and the motor just didn't have to torque I wanted. Made some money on the 91 Black F250 4x4 and upgraded to a 97 F350 PowerStroke 4x4 with the 7.3 liter motor in it. Much better wood hauler. Adios F250 !! Of course the wood racks transferred over easily and the Harley Plate as well !!

That truck looks nice and in quite good condition. How much load it can take. I mean I am thinking of buying a transport trailer, since I always need to relocate because of my profession and need to take my vehicle at new place. I use to hire the auto shipping services from a vehicle shipping company.

For constant towing I would look for a Heavy Duty F250 or F350 with the 7.3 ltr Powerstroke in the 1995 to 2003 year model range. The Black 91 F250 was sharp looking but it was light duty and had trouble getting out of it's own way, the gearing was way too high but it ran great at Highway Speeds unloaded. The 97 F350 I went with has 4.10 gears and is automatic w/OD, tow package with extra leaf spring in the rear, it runs good at 70 mph or even 75 - 80. I can haul 2 cords of wood with ease now. I don't think I would buy another gas truck anymore since I have towed with the diesel.

You get spoiled easy, get yourself a superchip controller for that beast then you will know what it can do.

I'll stick to gas, less maintenance and cheaper fuel, just get a properly geared truck. I though ohio was pretty flat....

Latest posts

Back