New truck!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it wasn't really a 'find.' I was looking specifically for one with all these features and wouldn't settle for anything less. Looking forward to lots of use!

I'm told it's from washing undies in the same load. They rub together and poff, the magic stork shows up.

Big reason for small families is cost. I bet 9 kids are crazy expensive. The 5 gal pails of ketchup and 55 gal drums of pickles from Costco actually make sense!

:laugh:

You got that right! It's amazing how much food we go through, yet my wife is amazing with the grocery bill. She makes bread, jam, preserves, and all good home-cooked meals. We have a garden and fruit trees. And she coupons like mad, plans meals around sale items, and saves us a ton of money. What a wife! :rock::heart::bowdown:

1989 GMC 1-ton 4x4. Engine is a 1993, with 122k miles. Tow hitch, dump bed, 4 doors, and beautiful all around. Pity it's not a Ford, though.

Speaking of which, anybody want to buy a '93 F350 4x4, 4-d00r?

View attachment 499482 View attachment 499483 View attachment 499484 View attachment 499485 View attachment 499486 View attachment 499487
That truck will have a nice Dana 60 front axle and big 14 bolt rear. Probably a nice 205 transfer case as well. The bigger front brakes are really noticeable when coming off a freeway ramp with a heavy load when compared with a 3/4 ton Dana 44. Is it a 4 spd or 400 automatic? Posi?

That truck will have a nice Dana 60 front axle and big 14 bolt rear. Probably a nice 205 transfer case as well. The bigger front brakes are really noticeable when coming off a freeway ramp with a heavy load when compared with a 3/4 ton Dana 44. Is it a 4 spd or 400 automatic? Posi?
Yep , his truck got a...Np205/sm465 combo.

Sadly it's got a GovLock , which ain't great. Only way you could get a real Detroit No-spin after '73 was in the non-civilian models.

You got that right! It's amazing how much food we go through, yet my wife is amazing with the grocery bill. She makes bread, jam, preserves, and all good home-cooked meals. We have a garden and fruit trees. And she coupons like mad, plans meals around sale items, and saves us a ton of money. What a wife! :rock::heart::bowdown:

Once us 3 kids left my Dad bought a spendy pro-grade ZTR mower, Kioti tractor, new truck etc.
Said just the savings in food, clothes, etc was more than enough to cover stuff like that.

89 should have a np208 T Case.

Yep , his truck got a...Np205/sm465 combo.
Sadly it's got a GovLock , which ain't great. Only way you could get a real Detroit No-spin after '73 was in the non-civilian models.

Wow - I have no idea what you guys just said. And I was a mechanic in the Army! :( (not a very good one, obviously!)

Nope, that's a np 205 ...I can tell by the shifter in the first picture. Manual trucks till 1991 got the np 205.

You have better eyeballs than I do! I said 208 just based on the year. I thought the 205 was mostly gone by the early 80s.

View attachment 500936 View attachment 500938
Dang that's a nice looking truck. Should serve you well. Older trucks are easier to work on.
I found this one locally this winter to fix up and use for firewood and fuel runs

Nice. What's that yellow thing behind the cab? Reservoir for the hydro oil?

Nothing against you but 90% of the "mechanics" in we had in the Air Force I don't think could hack it at a Jiffy Lube even.

No, that's how we were taught. "Read the Manual." "Don't even lift a wrench unless the manual tells you." Didn't learn much of anything at all.

Yep res for the hydraulic, as well the lift cylinder is between the res an the dump box. Gotta rebuild the hydraulic system and Set it up on a pto, currently it's setup with a pump bolted direct to the crank *shaft to the harmonic ballencer* it runs t dump box, th plow lift and angle as well as two aux functions. But need to sort out *rewire* 20 years of mickey mouse wiring "fixes". But for $2,000 I don't mind a bit of tinkering

I still use my 1967 C600 with a CL 9000 rear end added leafs on the front. I crossed the scales with my trailer and 47,000 lbs of wood recently and the red light flickered but they did not stop me. I would say you have found a great find and a hot rod to go. Enjoy it. Thanks

Yep res for the hydraulic, as well the lift cylinder is between the res an the dump box. Gotta rebuild the hydraulic system and Set it up on a pto, currently it's setup with a pump bolted direct to the crank *shaft to the harmonic ballencer* it runs t dump box, th plow lift and angle as well as two aux functions. But need to sort out *rewire* 20 years of mickey mouse wiring "fixes". But for $2,000 I don't mind a bit of tinkering

$2k for that?!? Wow. That's a steal, assuming it's in decent shape.

@unclemoustache, what drives the dump hydraulics, electric?

Yep.

Latest posts

Back