Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, this poor thing is acting like she's rich at idle. It got worse after porting. And the weather has gotten warmer, which has made it even worse. I checked the plug after she died last and pow - wet. SO gonna try the metering. Hopefully that fixes the idle and the bog. I have a feeling having to play around with the set screw on the butterflies is gonna be a pain.

Yeah, this poor thing is acting like she's rich at idle. It got worse after porting. And the weather has gotten warmer, which has made it even worse. I checked the plug after she died last and pow - wet. SO gonna try the metering. Hopefully that fixes the idle and the bog. I have a feeling having to play around with the set screw on the butterflies is gonna be a pain.
Which way on the metering lever for less fuel? Down?

Yes. I'll play with her tomorrow and see if I can get it right with the first few tries.

Judging by the amount of carbon built up in this thing, she was running rich long before I got her.

I went ahead and ordered it from the local stihl rapist. He will have it in by tuesday. Says I am the first person to have ordered parts for an MTronic carb - including themselves. So wish me luck on them arriving and being correct. Do not ask me how much it will cost. I don't want to repeat it. But the cost of shipping from the states and potential down time makes it worth it.

Latest posts

Back