Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Those of you who have 241's and have watched the video, would you say that this is about normal performance for these saws?
It can be faster with some more compression and porting and ps picco but with the 325 chain and stock compression it looks to be cutting very well and reindeer was letting it self feed also.

Yea. Ditched the arrestor, opened factory opening, and added gills. Added a 7 pin sprocket kit with ps chain. Its super nice with that setup but its getting ported when I get time. I dont understand Reindeers saw though I believe he said was at .033 squish . Mine when I got it was .023 squish and about 172psi from factory

It can be faster with some more compression and porting and ps picco but with the 325 chain and stock compression it looks to be cutting very well and reindeer was letting it self feed also.

That's the first tank after a reset on a brand spanking new carb, and with a top end that was recently put back together. She was even stronger on the second tank.
She is not only pulling 325, she is doing it with a 17.5" B&C(70DL), with a 7 pin rim, and that ash is very hard having grown in a dry run off area. So on the one big round, I am not leaning on it. On all the others I am pushing on it fairly hard. On the last round, well triangle, which is Chestnut, I am leaning on it hard - you can see the entire saw horse shaking, and the bar fly off the wood when the cut is done. In softwoods, she would be pretty quick. She has loads of torque. I will use her a bit more and see how she does.

That's the first tank after a reset on a brand spanking new carb, and with a top end that was recently put back together. She was even stronger on the second tank.
She is not only pulling 325, she is doing it with a 17.5" B&C(70DL), with a 7 pin rim, and that ash is very hard having grown in a dry run off area. So on the one big round, I am not leaning on it. On all the others I am pushing on it fairly hard. On the last round, well triangle, which is Chestnut, I am leaning on it hard - you can see the entire saw horse shaking, and the bar fly off the wood when the cut is done. In softwoods, she would be pretty quick. She has loads of torque. I will use her a bit more and see how she does.
It looks great Reindeer. Good rpm. Im interested to see it under a port job again

Also with semi chisel chain. ;)

I'm not sure she needs more work. She's been getting stronger and stronger, and does the job I need her to do. I'll put up another vid in a bit.
With a port job I believe it will be right there with the 261 but thats just me.

how many tanks till this saw wakes up completely if left bone stock with no mods.

Dad has 4 tanks through his 241, and it keeps getting stronger, I am on 4 with the 261 and it seems to get better each time. So more than 4. Probably 6-8 would be my guess.

RDeer,

That looks like a cuttin' sumbitch!

Yeah, she's smoking now. Made a huge difference putting a few tanks through her. Seems even though you do a reset, MTronic can still take a while to really tune in. If you look at the last vid, when I first grab the saw I also go and grab a hand full of throttle to test the bog since she's been idling for at least 10 seconds there. Usually that was enough for it to have a terrible bog. But as you can see, it's gone there. So she's getting better all around.

The wood I have been cutting has all been pretty tough hardwoods, and she's done really well. The wood you see in the firewood vid is all seasoned ash and rhododendron, very hard wood, and she slices right through them with that 17" bar, 325, semi chisel chain. I am very pleased now.

Back