Newest addition 241c-m

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I should hope a ported 044 out performs a 241! Heck, an not ported 10 mm 044 will out perform a ported 362. Size does matter!

Not limbing, it won't. The best limbing saw I ever used was a Wicked Work Saw 361 with 210 psi. That thing was a laser.

I wonder how many people fascinated with 10mm 044's have ever used them. I've used them - my bog stock 046 kicked it's ass four ways to sunday, and a muffler modded 372 wasn't far behind it. It's not suddenly a ported 044 - it's just a slightly more stout 044 is all.

My 046 would not out run my 10 mm 044s stock. I understand the 1st yr 046s have different port timing, and perhaps foreign ones do also. Ditto for my bother's 460, and another one that was at the GTG. Ported, the 046 really woke up, and IMO is a really impressive saw.

Care to share your 046 SN? Also, did it come with a dp? (some did). When I saw an experienced AS member post that a dp muff and filter could make a 044 run a s strong as an 046 I was skeptical, I am not skeptical any more, that guy knew what he was talking about.

460's were never very strong.

135856179.kIT36y6d.jpg

Hell if I know what the serial # was. I used to have a video of a 10mm 044 vs 046/372 etc. The 044 was strong. But acting like it was ported? nah.

I'm not talking about the power, but the responsiveness. My 044 is more revvy and quicker than that 241 in the vid.

One of the thing some seem to miss about a limbing saw is the thing is meant to be responsive. Unless ported, the 241 is not what I would call responsive. Same with most stock saws that are strato charged, and even some ported ones.
I may disagree on this one. All my saws r ported except the 241 but they r all very responsive

Heh, I like how the oak on the right makes all the trees look small. Let me put it this way, the oak directly in front of you in that pic that the beech is behind is 2' DBH. The left limb on the oak to the right on the corner of the stie is larger than the oak in the middle.

New port timing numbers. More intake, less exhaust. Same transfers. Compression at 188. Squish set to .018".

That is in Larch and English Oak. That Oak isn't quite as hard as the ash I have been cutting lately. But in it's defense, the ash I have been collecting is mature and been growing in a dry area, so is quite hard for ash.

Back