News on the new husqvarna T540xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm up for trying either of them but I'll wait till they've been on the market a bit. I have enough 200T's to last me a fair while yet.

I still don't see what the rush is to strato the least polluting saws either company makes. 660's and 390/95, 880 and 3120 still gulping fuel but gosh darn we better replace those 35cc fuel hogs!

I "guess" it has to do with that number of units they sell in the different sizes.

I am beginning to think the 540 does not exist and everything that we have seen so far is just a CG wet dream.

After my local dealer lost the Husky line I have only used Spike.
Just holding my breath for the 562xpg, could be any time now!

The last rumor I heard was that the 560xp/xpg should be ready for sale here yesterday - I will call my dealer on monday - but that timing has been a moving taget since march......

So is this saw out yet? Other then a couple vids on u tube I can't find much info on it. Wonder how it compares to the 201?

Don't know if this has been covered yet, but I talked with a couple Husqvarna guys and the T540XP saws should be arriving in the US early October. I had my hands on one at a sales meeting not long ago and looks to be a good saw. No rear handle option as of now, but they didn't rule it out for the future.

I've got one, and it's the nicest top handle they've ever done for sure. (I suppose that statement is a great opening for comments about their past efforts, so fire away...........:laugh:)

Seriously, it's real nice and may actually live up to the hype. I have it out to a 3rd generation tree service on demo right now, so their opinion will be one that I'll respect. For me to go and cut a few cookies doesn't mean much. The dynamics of climbing or bucket work are way different.

They should start shipping them sometime next month. My demo should be here at the GTG next week for any guys that want to mess with it.

Back