News on the new husqvarna T540xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope they make a rear handle version, a small, lightweight pro saw with auto-tune would make a great backcountry saw.

I will keep my STIHL top handles, i had a Jonsered CS 2139T and didn't like so i sold it on here.

It has flippy caps though.

The 2139/338 doesn't appear to be in the same league as the new 540. I had my hands on one a couple weeks ago and it is definitely a better built saw. I'd wait to hear back from spike's guy with a review, I think it's gonna be pretty positive :D

And there are no flippy caps, that was just in the pre-production photos. The one I saw with muh own two eyeballs had normal fuel/oil caps :cool2:

I've got one, and it's the nicest top handle they've ever done for sure. (I suppose that statement is a great opening for comments about their past efforts, so fire away...........:laugh:)

Seriously, it's real nice and may actually live up to the hype. I have it out to a 3rd generation tree service on demo right now, so their opinion will be one that I'll respect. For me to go and cut a few cookies doesn't mean much. The dynamics of climbing or bucket work are way different.

They should start shipping them sometime next month. My demo should be here at the GTG next week for any guys that want to mess with it.

muh harts about to jump out of my chest!:msp_w00t::clap:

I've got one, and it's the nicest top handle they've ever done for sure. (I suppose that statement is a great opening for comments about their past efforts, so fire away...........:laugh:)

Seriously, it's real nice and may actually live up to the hype. I have it out to a 3rd generation tree service on demo right now, so their opinion will be one that I'll respect. For me to go and cut a few cookies doesn't mean much. The dynamics of climbing or bucket work are way different.

They should start shipping them sometime next month. My demo should be here at the GTG next week for any guys that want to mess with it.

Hmmmm so we finally getting them. Ummm so how many you gonna have? Will you have xtry I still using my 372xpw :)

Well my hopes of cutting this winter with a 562xpg are fading away.

Guess I'll be getting a 562xp till the xpg's arrive.

Hey mate whats the diffrence between the 562xp and the xpg? i have two xp's that are one of the nicest little saws ive ever picked up although the shaft that conets the pull start id plastic and they tend to break .the only fault ive had so far .but i get 2 year warranty so i get them to order a few in haha

Hey mate whats the diffrence between the 562xp and the xpg? i have two xp's that are one of the nicest little saws ive ever picked up although the shaft that conets the pull start id plastic and they tend to break .the only fault ive had so far .but i get 2 year warranty so i get them to order a few in haha

gday al i think it's heated handles

Yep heated handles and carb too!

DSC_0057-1.jpg

ahem. yes.

I've pointed that out a few times. Husqvarna must have made a turd and retooled something. We'll probably have a 202T on shelves before the T540 is available.

Ya, but they are delivering those spiffy battery saws that look to be good performers and pro quality. Filling a niche, maybe not in (gasoholic) USA, but selling in other areas.

sarcasm

I simply cant figger out how guys worked up in trees or out of buckets 40 years ago..they didnt have new 21st century TH saws, so...no trees got trimmed back then, thats the only explanation! It never happened, and any pics or vids of it from back then are all photoshopped or CGI!

/sarcasm

Ha!

Back