News on the new husqvarna T540xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The T540 is listed on the web-site here, with a price - this normally means that it is out, but I don't know for sure. Dealers around here doesn't stock top-handles, as the demand is more or less non-existent....

Last edited:
It's now February... What is the next month they say it's coming out? I've never waited on a saw this long and I'm running two well used 020t's, right now one leaks oil from a cracked case it got from a fall and the others chain spins to much at idle for my likeing... COME ON T540XP if it's anything like the other autotune saws it's a keeper!

July??? What I'm kicking myself for is someone sold 2 on ebay last year... is he a member? And who got them?

The latest "forecast", "guess", "prediction", "tarrot card reading", "astrological analysis", and "ouigi board" derived date is..........."July 2013"

Where do you get that information from? It does seem a ridiculously long rollout, I can't imagine what's up. Haven't they been sold in Europe for a while now? I thought so, but I haven't been able to find any reviews on it. It is on the Bailey's site as being available through the "Woodland Retail Outlet", whatever that is.

Anyone else know anything?

Last edited:
I got to run a T540 XP today. It was really a screamer! Probably a little stronger than my MS200T and quieter too. The handling was better, switch position was right where it is supposed to be. The air filter is wire mesh, no flocking, with a foam spit catcher inside. Just unscrew the cover and the filter lifts off.

I'm a Stihl guy but with the value of my MS200T and the nicer handling and of course no screws to mess with, well I just might.

I got to run a T540 XP today. It was really a screamer! Probably a little stronger than my MS200T and quieter too. The handling was better, switch position was right where it is supposed to be. The air filter is wire mesh, no flocking, with a foam spit catcher inside. Just unscrew the cover and the filter lifts off.

How did you get to run one, was it a demo? Did you get any information on the rollout date here? Thanks.

What is the deal with husqvarna on this does anyone know how they manufacture? do they build x amount of 550's then 562's then 372's and so on or are they making different models at the same time? for their pro saws do they have only one facility?

I've also been hearing "About a month now" From Husqvarna.. I tell you what there is one thing for sure is Customer Service from Stihl is 10 to 1 Over Husqvarna in the Bay Area, California. As soon as I can get the first one in i'll be demo'ing it out to my most popular tree crews to put it up against their 200t and 201t's. I'll be sure to make a nice video for you guys as well.

The T540xp is listed on the website here, at a price that is slightly lower than the 338xpt.

There is a manual dated 2012-08, so it really should be out.....

I asked my dealer Friday and she said no its not released yet but let me double check. She looked on her computer and said oh it is available now you want me to order one? I'm just not sure i believe her any dealers out their want to chime in???

I asked my dealer Friday and she said no its not released yet but let me double check. She looked on her computer and said oh it is available now you want me to order one? I'm just not sure i believe her any dealers out their want to chime in???

I'm not a Husky dealer, but it should be availiable if she found an order number for it.
Some times they show up by mistake though, as with the 560xp over here. At least the ones that ordered one the first time the number was up was first served when they finally appeared, 9 months or so later (including myself)....:smile2:

Back