News on the new husqvarna T540xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The reason for the delay on autotune top handles . . .

The real reason for this delay is that the saw tunes itself while you are on the ground, then you climb the top of a tree and it is having difficulty adjusting to the atmosphere change. Only states that it will be released in is places like Texas where the trees are short.

The Northwest will be out this saw. Trees are shorter in Europe, so it works fine over there.

Probably will take them a couple of more years to figure this problem out.

Oh well. . .

The real reason for this delay is that the saw tunes itself while you are on the ground, then you climb the top of a tree and it is having difficulty adjusting to the atmosphere change. Only states that it will be released in is places like Texas where the trees are short.

The Northwest will be out this saw. Trees are shorter in Europe, so it works fine over there.

Oh well. . .
My 562 does great up in trees... are they referring to elevation as being the problem?

Oh well. . .

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Regarding Elevation

:msp_rolleyes:

We will be in trouble if a saw has to be re-tuned when you climb a tree :msp_tongue:

I am sure they have a reason, who knows what the real reason is.

The latest thing I heard is that there may be some sort of lawsuit between stihl and husqvarna--stihl suing husqvarna, for some sort of patent infringement with the 540 T and that's why it's getting held up so much?

Anyone else hear that?

Didn't hear it from a credible source, and they too issued the disclaimer that it was a rumor. But I find that at times rumors have some element of truth to them.

Last edited:
I just called Husqvarna and asked. The person there said that the problem was that the saw currently puts out 120 decibels and they need to get it down to 108. Which doesn't really make sense to me, because hearing protection can (and should) be used by any pro using a saw. How loud are other saws?

I just called Husqvarna and asked. The person there said that the problem was that the saw currently puts out 120 decibels and they need to get it down to 108. Which doesn't really make sense to me, because hearing protection can (and should) be used by any pro using a saw. How loud are other saws?

Good info,. thanks!

That's interesting; haven't heard that yet. That means my sample unit is one of the loud ones. If they ever ask for this thing back I think I'm gonna keep the muffler! :wink2:

Latest posts

Back