News on the new husqvarna T540xp

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How is the sample one spike?

All of the tree guys that tried it want one. (And continue to ask me when they can have it.)

It has good power, and the pros like the weight distribution vs that of the 338's. Have to be honest here and conclude that the weight has been moved somewhat to the rear as can be found on the 200/201 Stihls. I respect what my pro customers have to say, as the characteristics they feel are important for climbing/bucket work are not going to be apparent to guys who don't do that work.

kind of an update

I talked to the Husqvarna reps at the Charlotte Arborist Association TCC; they actually had one of the saws there on hand. It looks and feels pretty sweet, and seems very sturdy.
I asked the head guy there about the noise thing I had been told, and he scoffed at that, "No, it's a carb issue. They want the carb to be perfect before they roll it out, they don't want to have any issues like they did with the other top-handled saws." They don't want any disappointments among professionals, they're making a big strategic shift to focus more on professional users. He said the current target is July, and he said he felt pretty good about that. I had to make a joke about how they had been saying some version of that for a couple years now.
Anyway, that's the info I've got to share!

Baileys said they could ship in 6 days... said you could get one... can someone from Bailey's verify that?

I got tired of waiting and quit caring when it comes out and bought an Echo 355T and i'm plenty happy with that and the 201T Brad modded for me.

Baileys said they could ship in 6 days... said you could get one... can someone from Bailey's verify that?
Howdy,
We're in the same boat as everybody else. I've had some on backorder over a year.
I just checked the dealer website and it says "Not Available, Call for other options.
Maybe they got tired of me padding my unit orders with the T540.
Regards
Gregg

Back