Nicks boots

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got a pair of Whites. I'm guessing similar process. I'm working on breaking them in... I hope they get comfortable soon!

Dang. Not sure I can stomach a full hour of listening to him. He seems a lot like Woodsman Mike to me. He sure has a lot of YouTube Fans.

I have been thinking about hand fit boots. I'm a tough fit (3E width), and that crushed cartilage in my big toe makes me miserable after wearing my Danner's all day. The Lace to the Toe 4Es are close, but a little sloppy. I'm really considering having them rebuilt in really good condition to see if that will help. Nick's is close enough I could make an excuse to get there. But Wesco is closer...

Meindl 10" have great support for steep ground. comfortable right out of the box. get a half size smaller.
Hoffmans is from Idaho and many of the testimonials were from coast fallers in bc and swore by them saying they were the most concomfortable boots they had ever owned, Now in steel toe. They cost $380/390 There, $500+ CND here, a little more. I don't know what happend to all the testimonials maybe because hoffmans couldn't sell their own..lol.. but I bet there was 8 guys from the coast here that raved. Nice boot!
Europe have some cool boots..pricy stuff though. Btw Meindl's are German made.

I've got a pair of lace up Hoffmann. 4 years old now if I remember right. They're a half size smaller than red wings for size comparison. They are comfortable but not made for concrete 12 hours for me. I use them for working around the house and on equipment.

Definitely not a bad thing!
general speaking ...yes but to stay on topic
If the most comfortable boots happens to be made elsewhere then I'll be wearing them. sometimes it is about money too though, like If a store is going to hose us on a product like the same boots been $120 less stateside then our government should control the pricing to prevent a weakened economy?
Idk ...I guess they think it all comes back throuhh BC Bud....lol

well i just ordered another pair of carolina domestic loggers. not corks. i am just afraid of changing brands as these in B width fit good. old ones held up very good for a cheaper boot, arches did not fall. the stitching around the right heel has failed, my fault for not taking care of them for almost three years. i really considered the red dawgs......they do not come in B.

Meindl 10" have great support for steep ground. comfortable right out of the box. get a half size smaller.

I think Meindl's are one of those that is put together with glued construction, and have had issues with the soles delaminating. I could be mistaken, but almost all of the mountaineering style boots are that way. I also (may only be an issue for me) don't think they come in the extra wide widths.

I buy shoes the same place as Fred Flintstone.

I think Meindl's are one of those that is put together with glued construction, and have had issues with the soles delaminating. I could be mistaken, but almost all of the mountaineering style boots are that way. I also (may only be an issue for me) don't think they come in the extra wide widths.

I buy shoes the same place as Fred Flintstone.
LMAO! don't feel bad man, us skinny feets people have trouble too.

Lol.....think you been poppin' too many freddy Flintstones LMAO
....don't think the young guys will get that reference. .lol
not a f*n mountaineer. .pro fallers boot
Come on man! Theyre from Germany!
I like everything German except my wife

How ironic ^^^^^she lives In Humptulips
...What a piece of $hit.....NO! Not Humptulips!
I would never say that about my 372s.
And thats where my loyalty lays. I will only pic 'em apart.

Oh yeah,I guess you guys are all "Buy 'American'. I forgot.
BTW...what ya runnin'? LMAO
~Peace
How about revoking NAFTA so no more Canadian lumber is shipped to the USA. You would be crying the blues begging America for help. You really should shut your mouth about this country and its people.

How about revoking NAFTA so no more Canadian lumber is shipped to the USA. You would be crying the blues begging America for help. You really should shut your mouth about this country and its people.
QTLA

Relax a bit, life's a bit short to get very wound up about something on an online message board.

BTW my meindl hiker soles delaminated just the other day. Nothing a little shoe goo cant fix. Still the most comfortable shoes I've ever had.

Latest posts

Back