Nitrous Oxide, N20...who has used it?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Overtrained

Not crazy, Stoopid!
Reaction score
On a chainsaw? Just curious if it can be done. A dry shot ( nitrous only added to cylinder, no additional fuel is injected) is easy to hook up but with limited extra fuel being supplied by fattening up the carb i'm assuming piston meltdown would happen rather quickly.

On a chainsaw? Just curious if it can be done. A dry shot ( nitrous only added to cylinder, no additional fuel is injected) is easy to hook up but with limited extra fuel being supplied by fattening up the carb i'm assuming piston meltdown would happen rather quickly.

I dont think a dry shot would do anything, to the best of my knowledge nitrous oxide is a super oxygenator, meaning it acts like a massive amount of o2 inside the combustion chamber. It would have to be a low pressure and I would think you would have to have a tuned pipe otherwise it would just blow right out the exhaust. Would love to try it and see what happens, just not on any of my saws:D

You would think on a 2T, dry would only work if ran through the carb and replaced ambient air.
And the fuel what have to be massively richened...?

a friend of mine put it on his CR 125, it pulled like crazy,it could pull 250s, on the starting line,a dry system,it wasn't really used once the race started,

Nitrous works extremely well on a 2 cycle.. In my experience it works extremely well on any engine.

Typically a dry shot is used on a fuel injected engine and the injection makes up for the needed extra fuel... I would never even consider a dry shot on any carb'd engine, meltdown would likely be swift.

Regardless of popular opinion when used correctly nitrous is safe, however it doesn't tolerate poor tuning. I've been using nitrous for 25 years and I have never had one problem unless I did something stupid.

I have been known to do stupid thing from time to time however. :D

That's not the 681 they were talking about. That is a slow knock off.
No sir I don't claim to be Fred Jones I never even knew about him till after I was putting nitrous on my solo 681 but he is the man . He flys I hear he's about 70 years old. I have way better N O S videos YouTube then that video

Back