No more Stihl Arctic in US market?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Far as I know,

The only saw NE Stihl is offering in an Arctic version is the MS461. Distribution in your area may have opted out of the Arctic program entirely. The distributor has to take a bunch of them, as none I'm told are stocked in Virginia Beach.

I got lucky and grabbed one of the last MS362 Arctic models available in the US almost 3 years ago when Stihl was closing out the US inventory. Got the MS461 Arctic a year or so ago when they said that model would not be available anymore.

Take Care

I checked on getting a artic in a 241 awhile back, my distributor here in the Midwest told me the smallest Artic model the U.S. carried was the 362. I have never seen one on a shelf around here...

I checked on getting a artic in a 241 awhile back, my distributor here in the Midwest told me the smallest Artic model the U.S. carried was the 362. I have never seen one on a shelf around here...

I like your user name.

Good play on words...........:)

I just ran across this. Have been looking for a 461 VW for a few weeks now. Friday I was going to pull the trigger on a NON if I can't track one down. :(

I wouldn't mind getting into a heated saw myself. I have poor circulation in my hands and feet so they freeze easily to the point of numbness.

Well, if there is a Vendor/ Dealer etc reading this or that someone has a lead on, GET IN TOUCH. Serious buyer.

MS 461 VW
Dual Dogs
20" Bar & Chain
25" Bar & Chain

Open to suggestions on Bars. Local dealers want to package it with a 36".

Want some fast chains...

Looking to buy friday.

I got lucky and grabbed one of the last MS362 Arctic models available in the US almost 3 years ago when Stihl was closing out the US inventory. Got the MS461 Arctic a year or so ago when they said that model would not be available anymore.

Take Care

The dealer here in town has one on the shelf for sale. (362 Arctic) I was there yesterday. It's brand new.

Well, if there is a Vendor/ Dealer etc reading this or that someone has a lead on, GET IN TOUCH. Serious buyer.

MS 461 VW
Dual Dogs
20" Bar & Chain
25" Bar & Chain

Open to suggestions on Bars. Local dealers want to package it with a 36".

Want some fast chains...

Looking to buy friday.
Check the Trading Post here. One of our members in Canada will get you one.

Ah!. Appreciate the look out. Early AM, I'll get in touch with my dealer and see what the deal is. Right now he has a 461 with 36" bar & chain for ~$1000 USD. Thats before I ask for my deal. Interestingly enough, I had my eyes on the 461R before this. Thought it would be easier to swap over an HO oiler than a bunch of electronics for the Arctic system. Heated hands would get way more use.

I'm in the States. Local to me, they opted out of that market. On my way over to the shop now to check if they would be willing to do some wheeling and dealing.

When did Stihl completely stop selling Arctic models in the US? I see that the Canadian market can get a heated 261, 362, 441, and 461. Seems somewhat unfair, though I suppose I can always drive over and get one.

Make it quick Stihl.ca shows 22 arctic models left.. 599.99 is what a loal dealer is selling them for.. That means the new 261 will be sent out soon. :D

Back