No name saws???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jr27236

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I see these on Flea Bay and wondered if anyone has ever purchased one of these just to see what they are made of. If I was some guy who needed a cheaposaw that would sit, I might be tempted to give it a whirl for the price I'd think? I mean $137 for a 58cc saw with free shipping is not a bad price for a melt down video.
83d1c473d972f4a119cd72243e9999f7.jpg

Oh it's Chinese for sure, I would like to get one and just run it till it melts or blows up (which ever comes first)

l like the spare gaskets and stuff they give you with the tool kit, stihl used to offer tool kits for models with vital spares to keep you going. Nowdays they are in the game to maximise profits and want you at your dealer as much as possible for service, repairs and parts.

IIRC, at one time the Earthquake chainsaws of similar size sold for about half the asking price of the Sliner. I have no idea if they're the same, sort of similar, or completely different.

A co-worker of mine bought a cheapo Chinese built supermarket saw, he payed just under 100$ and has a 3 year warranty.
If the warranty claim is unfixable or worth more then the saw he gets his money back.
It is a 52cc saw, outboard clutch, 14 or 16" bar (I am not sure about that), runs either Picco/LowProfile 3/8" or .325" (I am not sure regarding this one either), features a primer bulb which he never uses.

His saw is one Year old, pops first pull and comes to life on the second when cold.
Warm it takes one pull only, always.

I was partially shocked how good this cheap little thing ran even though it seemed to require some carb tunning!

At one point the supermarket in question had these saws "down" 75%! :eek:
I freakin' missed the opportunity to get a 25$ 52cc saw with a 3 Year warranty, kicked my own a$$ for a week! :buttkick:

I bought a 62cc TimberPro on a whim and have actually been quite impressed with it. For what I paid for it, I figured if I cut 2 cords with it I'll feel like I got my money's worth. I'm upwards of 4 cords and counting. The chains and bar are not the best, but it starts easy and runs strong. Makes a great saw to loan my kids so they're not tearing up one of my vintage saws. Peculiar though, they claim every once in a while it just starts running backwards. I've never been able to duplicate this and frankly, don't understand how that could happen while the saw is running.

My dad ordered it and I ran it two weeks ago. I was impressed. Aluminum case, metal top handle, metal sprocket cover, spur sprocket, laminated 22" bar. It had funky controls and a "lock" to keep the saw running in case holding the trigger was too tiresome- kinda defeats the operator presence lever safety feature though. It wasn't like a pro saw, but for a C note and change it came with a bar, bar cover, chain, safety goggles, scrench, leather work gloves and a measuring cup for mix.

The trigger lock is just for starting the saw. It is a clone of Zenoah 4500. The original is 43 bore x 32 stroke. Your clone is 45.5 bore x 34 stroke. The 62 cc clones have 48 mm bore x 34 mm stroke and a carb with bigger venturi. All open port cylinders.

View attachment 466062

$78.00 TO MY DOOR
Have had it for 2 years and cut about 35mtr of hard wood and is stihl going strong.
ripped the guts out of muffler and re tuned carby made a big power increase:cold:[emoji38]
Love the big label on the bar "CHAIN SAW" in case you thought you were picking up a hedge trimmer, or for the vision impaired maybe.

My dad ordered it and I ran it two weeks ago. I was impressed. Aluminum case, metal top handle, metal sprocket cover, spur sprocket, laminated 22" bar. It had funky controls and a "lock" to keep the saw running in case holding the trigger was too tiresome- kinda defeats the operator presence lever safety feature though. It wasn't like a pro saw, but for a C note and change it came with a bar, bar cover, chain, safety goggles, scrench, leather work gloves and a measuring cup for mix.
Did he order the same one that I posted about?

Oh it's Chinese for sure, I would like to get one and just run it till it melts or blows up (which ever comes first)
Maybe don't hold your breath while waiting for either to happen My neighbor's SIL who can wreck any man made piece of equipment ( 2 stihls, a husky, & a Dolmar ) in desperation bought one of these as it was less money than rebuilding the wrecked saws, to date he has been running in the same manner & it's on it"s second winter fire wood cutting season about 25 cubic metre's to date Neighbor & my lower jaws are in the region of our knees

Half of these copy saws are sitting half seized in sheds, most of the time straight gassed. The other half break down by themselves. So if you want one, you deserve one.

Bought first one; chainsaw brand :), 50cc, 20" bar, $79 delivered. Took some fettling to get it to run. Cut ok, but went through a tank of juice in about 10-15 mins.
Put about 5 tanks through it, was trying to re-start it, heard a "click" and starter mechanism wouldn't work. On investigation, a piece about 1.5" by .5" had broken out of the piston skirt on the inlet side. Thought it would be uneconimic to repair, so bought another one. 60cc, 20" bar, $109 delivered. Didn't need any fettling to run. Goes through a tank of juice in about 15 mins. Seems to have about the same power as the smaller saw. Have used it about 5 times, still going.
Bought a chinese C&P, and repaired the broken one. Seems ok.
They are both quite light compared to a stihl 310
The fit, finish and plastic quality is poor compared to a husky, (what you would expect for something of this price)
Prices for proper chainsaws in australia are almost twice what you pay in USA.
eg MS231 $880
MS311 $1299

Bought first one; chainsaw brand :), 50cc, 20" bar, $79 delivered. Took some fettling to get it to run. Cut ok, but went through a tank of juice in about 10-15 mins.
Put about 5 tanks through it, was trying to re-start it, heard a "click" and starter mechanism wouldn't work. On investigation, a piece about 1.5" by .5" had broken out of the piston skirt on the inlet side. Thought it would be uneconimic to repair, so bought another one. 60cc, 20" bar, $109 delivered. Didn't need any fettling to run. Goes through a tank of juice in about 15 mins. Seems to have about the same power as the smaller saw. Have used it about 5 times, still going.
Bought a chinese C&P, and repaired the broken one. Seems ok.
They are both quite light compared to a stihl 310
The fit, finish and plastic quality is poor compared to a husky, (what you would expect for something of this price)
Prices for proper chainsaws in australia are almost twice what you pay in USA.
eg MS231 $880
MS311 $1299
With those prices you gave, then to me it's a no brainer to get these. If I didn't have my saws already I might of just given these a whirl. Especially when there giving you the case and all these accessories with it.

Back