Non safety chain= what a difference!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HuskyMike

ArboristSite Guru
Reaction score
So I have this little Poulan 3314 that came with a safety chain. All the chains at walmart are also safety so that has what I have been using.

I took you guys advice and got a Carlton/woodsman pro chain from baileys and used it today on the little saw. MAN, what a difference, the saw never cut so well!

I think I will stick to carlton chains from now on. They are better than oregon but won't kill files like the stihl chains (which I have but have not used yet on the Husky)

Now I just gotta figure out why the Poulan won't idle, I know nothing about carbs.

So I have this little Poulan 3314 that came with a safety chain. All the chains at walmart are also safety so that has what I have been using.

I took you guys advice and got a Carlton/woodsman pro chain from baileys and used it today on the little saw. MAN, what a difference, the saw never cut so well!

I think I will stick to carlton chains from now on. They are better than oregon but won't kill files like the stihl chains (which I have but have not used yet on the Husky)

Now I just gotta figure out why the Poulan won't idle, I know nothing about carbs.

Could be an air leak, check the fuel lines and make sure everythings tight around the intake.

Oregon does have good chains, they all make safety chains available for the homeowner or the ocasional (sp) user and no they don't cut near as fast as full chisel.

I have no beef with the Oregon chains, but from what I read here the Carltons are a bit better. I cut Hardwoods that are sometimes dirty.

Back