Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's true huh? the canopy looks better than last year, weird. less brown, maybe it got enough water this last winter. also, we have better blocked the "closed for environmental rehabilitation" area. so she may have seen no "target". I dunno. take a look at it when you come down. I want you to look at some maples that seem to have "recovered" for an odd leaf curl and camo spots on their leaves. the leaves are now a solid color and fall like the always used to. last year it looked like most big leaf maples in the park were sick in some way. again, drought stress??

A.S. guys that are near Calistoga, work day at bothe state park to get ready for gtg in nov. this sunday the 23rd of oct. nothing too strenuous, a little cutting, maybe firewood splitting, and opinions/ ideas on removing some pretty nasty downed trees on the trails here, one in particular. Aaron, I got that spring trail tree done finally. thanks for your and charlie's ideas and thoughts. it came down pretty smooth but is still hung on that big rock. im going to let winter pull the root ball out of the hillside and deal with it then. hope to see some of you this weekend and the rest of you at the gtg.
thanks.

again, drought stress??

I'm thinking so. Like I said last year, if the buds set on time, and the rain comes over the winter, recovery should begin in the spring. 20% of the crown left alive is a good guideline for "imminent mortality" -- more than that, chances for recovery are good. Less than that, not so much.

A.S. guys that are near Calistoga, work day at bothe state park to get ready for gtg in nov. this sunday the 23rd of oct. nothing too strenuous, a little cutting, maybe firewood splitting, and opinions/ ideas on removing some pretty nasty downed trees on the trails here, one in particular. Aaron, I got that spring trail tree done finally. thanks for your and charlie's ideas and thoughts. it came down pretty smooth but is still hung on that big rock. im going to let winter pull the root ball out of the hillside and deal with it then. hope to see some of you this weekend and the rest of you at the gtg.
thanks.
What time will you be there and where should I look for you if I'm late getting started?

right on guys!! how about ten am sunday at the shop (just up from the camping area), you'll see us. if anyone arrives late we will be at the camping area that we were at last year.

I just found out that I may be drafted for a Sunday morning mids shift after my Saturday night swings shift tonight. If that happens, I won't make the work day. Yuck. REALLY hope I don't get drafted.....

If I come--I'll make a last minute decision based on weather reports, what should I bring? I have a good, manually operated pole saw and pulaski. I didn't run a saw last year so won't bring one.

We may get snow here this year and it is here that worries me.

Back