Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I-80 today near Donner Summit and Truckee, CA. Don't think I'll be driving to Reno, NV today.

View attachment 551246
that's why i missed work on Tuesday, on monday took us 4 hours to drive from Reno to Truckee. got stuck over night in a hotel. on Tuesday we left incline village at 10:00am we got home at 9:00 at night.
in alburn we had about 3" of ice on the front of the car.
i found out later we where one of the last cars though becuse of a white out

View attachment 560629 Hard to see but that is a draw knife stuck 20 ft up in a bay tree that recently fell near the pool. More metal in trees....yea the saw hit it, not sure how jake didnt see it, he clamed he didnt hit it then i looked at his 372. Yea he hit it! Good thing i got that grinder!!!
Presumably those nice big chips were produced before the chain got introduced to the knife.

Yes, those chips were from before the saw and knife met. Good eye. Only a couple teeth were damaged though and it cut fine for the rest of the tree. Lucky. hope you all are doing well. See you soon

So far I've found a BB, some nails, some insulators (and accompanying wire), lots of fence wire, and a good size rock embedded in wood that I was cutting on the park properties. The rock, the BB, and some of the fence wire were found by my chains before I spotted 'em.....

I guess I could ... My best guess is the weekend of Nov 4. But since we have not had a planning meeting, I'm only guessing based on what Tyler, Rob and I have discussed ...

John Woodbury has been working for months on getting the agreement between CA Parks and Napa Open Space finalized. Still not in hand, so they are on month-to-month like the whole summer. Assuming they get an agreement or stay on M2M, we should be fine. If the State takes the park back, we would be out of work. We'd still be able to have our GTG, but no special event with guest exhibits or anything, as that would require an "event permit" under the state system, and there is no time for that now.

So, because the agreement is in flux, I suggest we keep it very simple. No News Paper, no special exhibits, no anything outside us ...

If the agreement comes through, we can use part of our GTG time to plan next years event when we can consider a larger public presence and special exhibits, etc. If the agreement happens after the GTG, we'll do the planning right here on the board. But any bigger effort has to start before August ...

what broc said.
we should get together anyway and plan the event, food, cut logs ect... the agreement will be signed soon. see yall soon.

Broc, you know im always here. Any time that is good for you, aaron, ckelp, charlie, am imissing any local boys? Is good for me.

Latest posts

Back