Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If we rip through that we can focus on fire road widening. In some parts of "pipeline trail" ,as broc luno calls it, we cant mess with. But the lower half needs brushing and smaller tree thinning in prep for larger project down the road ( no pun intended).

Hrmm, looks like a job for the mighty Stihl HS81r -- that thing sails through woody material up to about 1" diameter. I can cut broom at almost a walking pace with that thing. I reckon maybe I'll bring one.

Madhatte was also missed at the PNW GTG for 2017.

Hated to miss it, but duty calls! I was in Manhattan, KS for STL/TFL fire training.

Thankfully, Bob has confirmed that there will be a 2018 PNW GTG. I have received orders to attend...

Most excellent. Ain't no party like a Farleyville party!

I should be at the one close to San Francisco. Its about 2 hours from my house south. I could use to meet some semi local chainsaw guys Im from Ukiah.

Great, ill keep an eye on this thread. Im lucky being that close. I can volunteer to set up/ take down also pending my schedule. Would be great if someone wants to port a saw as a demonstration.

As always everyone is welcome to use the shops we have here. The tool/wood shop and the saw storage shop. We have some if not all tools you may need for projects like that.

Camping, always sounds good to me but yes I have to get that OK'd by my wife. I recall driving by this park in the past, and maybe even checking it out. Need to see if there is room for our (somewhat large) tent trailer?

I'm going through this thread looking for photos of what goes on... is this a family friendly event?

We were able to check out the logging show up in Fort Bragg a couple of weeks ago, and my wife and daughter did enjoy that. So I might be able to convince them, provided I keep them warm LOL.

Clay

I have a few generators if needed. One 8000w propane/gas, another 7000 and some smaller ones.. I need to make sure they still work though :)

My wife isn't keen on camping in November. I'm looking at reservations and see a few sites left... although we are close enough, we don't *need* to camp but camping is always fun.
I'll be carefully considering my options here. Looks like it could be a fun event though!

Clay

I camp there with a large pop up trailer every year. My wife and two boys come with me. The boys are 7 and 9. The first couple of years my wife was reluctant to go until I talked her into it two years ago. Now it is something she looks forward to. The park is beautiful, there are great hiking trails and the people we work with and hang around a campfire at night are great. We wouldn't miss this event and my wife would agree.

Last two years were very pleasant for camping. Last year was warm. I wouldn't worry about weather too much this far out. We bring plenty of blankets in case it's cold. Last year we didn't use them.

I'm going to do what I can to convince her it's a good idea ;) We do have heat, she is more concerned about rain, which doesn't concern me that much at all. We might go visit the park between now and then, which might help convince her as well.

Thanks!
Clay

Alright, I've got the event on my calendar now (Nov 3, 4 &5) and will very hopefully at least make it for Saturday or Sunday. We'll have to hold off on camping this time sadly; I have work to do on our trailer (busted the leveling jacks in the driveway. Diesel truck...) and that has to wait until I fix my oil leak on my truck (Diesel truck... high pressure oil lines leaking).

So, what sort of activities will be going on at this event?

The more time we spend and the more fun my family (wife) have, the higher the probability of camping next year :)

Clay

Alright, I've got the event on my calendar now (Nov 3, 4 &5) and will very hopefully at least make it for Saturday or Sunday. We'll have to hold off on camping this time sadly; I have work to do on our trailer (busted the leveling jacks in the driveway. Diesel truck...) and that has to wait until I fix my oil leak on my truck (Diesel truck... high pressure oil lines leaking).

So, what sort of activities will be going on at this event?

The more time we spend and the more fun my family (wife) have, the higher the probability of camping next year :)

Clay
Clay,
If I'm not mistaken, the dates this year are the following weekend (11/10-11/12). Someone please correct me if I'm wrong - don't want to spread misinformation. It would also be great if someone who can do it will change the title of this thread to reflect the correct dates whatever they might be.
Charlie

I'll be checking the weather before committing. Nov can be iffy in a big way.

So can Sept on the Klamath in the middle of a Fire [emoji91] Complex
278fccc51fe5e84add420a040d2f8eb5.png
4be28f961d7d67e719bc2f1a676e7f2f.jpg

Anything possible these days it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back