Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Bob. I have 1/4" and 7/32" files, no 1/2". If you meant 1/4" then I can leave a bag full on my front porch next week. Do you still want File-O-Plates? I have 4 or 5 if you do.

Thanks, yes I am still looking for the plates. I can use a file for my older saws too. I am on the east coast for work until 5/11 - at least that's what they tell me now. Things seem to always change.

When I get back we'll have you up to our place for a BBQ. I scored a couple of big McCullochs a friend found in March. I'd like to show you the saws.

Thanks, yes I am still looking for the plates. I can use a file for my older saws too. I am on the east coast for work until 5/11 - at least that's what they tell me now. Things seem to always change.

When I get back we'll have you up to our place for a BBQ. I scored a couple of big McCullochs a friend found in March. I'd like to show you the saws.
Sounds great!

Hi guys. We are just updating the sticky threads on this board. Is there a definite date set for your GTG so we can update the thread title?

I don't believe there is as yet a specific date for the next Nor Cal GTG but please be aware that there is an upcoming Pacific Northwest GTG just a bit east of Springfield, Oregon. The dates for it are from 12th to the 15th of June. Look for it in the "STICKIES" if you are interested. (sorry to butt into your fine Nor Cal GTG but I sometimes get the feeling that not everyone hits the stickies)......Bob

I don't believe there is as yet a specific date for the next Nor Cal GTG but please be aware that there is an upcoming Pacific Northwest GTG just a bit east of Springfield, Oregon. The dates for it are from 12th to the 15th of June. Look for it in the "STICKIES" if you are interested. (sorry to butt into your fine Nor Cal GTG but I sometimes get the feeling that not everyone hits the stickies)......Bob
I agree, not everyone looks in the actual Stickies forum. If you want a thread for your GTG as a sticky in here just post up with info or if you like we can move your other thread here.

This thread has quite a bit of activity. The NorCal GTG is early November, the first or second weekend. Everything depends on the Park, both for dates and if we can meet there at all.

are we doingthe gtg again this year at bothe? there has been some talk of moving it to mt. st. helena. the state arborist/ ecologist wont be coming this year to inspect/ tag hazard trees, they only come every other year. there is some serious work to do up there with some pines that have a beetle. of course we need to get permision to fell anything. the county parks are trying to take over operations at that state park. if that happens we can do some trail work behind "silverado", a whole bunch of pines down over a trail, itd be nice to clear that out and either bring the wood down to the house there or leave it out of the way. the mt. is huge, if we can get a gtg going up there then there will be plenty of stuff to cut. a great spot to camp too. the water tank is now fixed and we can bring up a chem toilet. maybe a solar shower... as it gets closer i'll hike the whole mt and see where the energy would be best spent. if we want to do bothe instead we will also have enough work. the two water tanks here need some clearing around them, i started that job a while ago with an inmate crew but it never got finished (thank you spotted owl nesting season). thin tall firs and a lot of madrone all really close to each other. 100 ft. around both tanks is the idea. let me know. i know this is a really old thread but it was the first one that came up when i searched gtg calistoga.

Tyler I think Sandy and Bruce had mentioned moving the GTG up a week or two into late October because of a scheduling conflict (during the first weekend of Nov) at Bothe. That was mentioned at the Nov GTG last year.

Hey Tyler. I have hiked to the top of Mt St Helena once, around 7 or 8 years ago. It was and maybe still is a BSA GSFB council rim of the bay hike. I really only remember is was very windy.

BSA GSFB? yea its almost always windy up there. there are a lot of trails around the middle/ foot of the mt that are not as windy. some dirt roads to houses we are taking care of need some tree work to widen them so trucks can get through. light stuff, just pushing back small trees to where the road is supposed to be. i will go up soon and checj it out. i think im meeting with bruce and aaron this weekend.

Latest posts

Back