Nor Cal & North SF Bay GTG (November 11-14, 2022)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Now, what are these safety cards? Are they the laminated wallet sized cards with how to size up trees for what you plan to do? I have a couple from the Pacific Crest Trail Assoc, which have lists to go through before bucking up blowdown, and a Go or No Go process. They are actually a hair bigger than what would fit in those credit card holder pockets.

Hey y'all. November is around the corner. Aaron and I are meeting some time this weekend to start setting up the gtg. I have a few ideas I want to bounce off of everyone: is anyone willing to give a little talk about anything arboriculture? I have talked to Nate about doing some kind of science related talk. Maybe 2dogs could handle the safety stuff again; for all of us and some public that are interested. we will be a public event this year, our 5th annual! I'm looking forward to it! It's also a hazard tree removal year so be ready to fell. I'll have fun cut logs in day use area near the pool. There is a downed oak at our camp spot at the horse stables that we should be able to buck Friday if anyone wants to show up a little early... Kevin? Hope to see you all there!

Thanks guys. Atpchas, would you be able to swing by the park on Sunday around 1 and help Aaron and I sort some logistics out? I'll be working at the pool at that time but can probably get away for a bit and show you and Aaron some of the prep id like to get done before the event. Nothing big, move some logs with the tractor and trim/clear oaks for trailer parking at the camp spot.

Thanks guys. Atpchas, would you be able to swing by the park on Sunday around 1 and help Aaron and I sort some logistics out? I'll be working at the pool at that time but can probably get away for a bit and show you and Aaron some of the prep id like to get done before the event. Nothing big, move some logs with the tractor and trim/clear oaks for trailer parking at the camp spot.
i just reread what I posted...
I don't mean clear oaks, just the low hanging branches that might hit trucks and trailers.lol.

I've marked my calendar for 1 PM on 8/21/2016.

Hey Tyler! I was thinking of waking this thread up tonight. Great timing! I can give the safety briefing and/or a briefing on preparing the park or fire or even fighting fire with hand tools. I could also teach a first aid session on saw wounds and how to handle one. I am at your service.

2dogs that would not only be interesting and fun for all involved but hopefully open the eyes of very non- fire safe campers we have here often. You and Nate and anyone else that wants to would be doing an amazing thing for this tinder box. We all know that bothe is due for a fire. Knock on wood.

2dogs that would not only be interesting and fun for all involved but hopefully open the eyes of very non- fire safe campers we have here often. You and Nate and anyone else that wants to would be doing an amazing thing for this tinder box. We all know that bothe is due for a fire. Knock on wood.
Well in that case I'll bring a drip torch.

I wanna fondle your jack again.

Goin' right for the jugular, aintcha? OK, I'll bring it.

Can't bring a D9 because load limits bla bla bla. Wish I could.

Hand tools? Linegear? Rigging bag? IRPG? Nomex? All that stuff is a gimme, will bring. Everybody kits out different so if any other red cards bring their linegear as well we can show how different it is. I know Kevin has the Mystery Ranch lightweight gear, and I'm using the Wolfpack Gear setup that I understand is no longer made. I like it because it's super modular and is as good for general Forestry work as it is for fire. Any us can go on for hours about hand tools, boots, equipment maintenance, etc... maybe talk about water handling? Maybe talk to the CalFire folks up the road, see if they can't provide an engine for demonstration/discussion? FWIW I'd much rather see a type 6 like I use than a type 4 because dang are those things big and cumbersome.

Back