Northwood Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mweba

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Decided to throw some business at another sponsor, Northwood Saw. Have been checking there site from time to time, watching specials and used parts. For the most part I try to support my local businesses the best I can but in the aftermarket category, there is no one.

Opening order was....372 BB kit, 372 single ring meteor piston, 359 episan piston, 357 VEC piston, set 385 rings, carb adjust tool and eighteen misc crank seals. Shipped in three days in nice packaging accompanied with Jelly Bellys LOL

So far I have run a couple tanks through the BB kit, removed it and ported it. Kit was better quality than expected. Ports were all chamfered nice. Exhaust was level and wide out of the box. Plating held well while grinding.

Oil seals will go in a couple of my personal saws for testing but I see no obvious flaws in craftsmanship.

Will add to this as info is gathered.

I've used them several times over the last few years. Shipping is always fast.

Good to hear. I just don't read much about them so decided to give it a go. Great experience so far....props go out.

This is there BB kit ported up. These kits need far less correction to be very efficient.
Cell vid so please forgive the quality.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdMDLBeFtlc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/YdMDLBeFtlc?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

Just got an order from them today. Shipping was stupid fast as always. I ordered on Friday, and it was on the porch Monday with their standard shipping.

Just got an order from them today. Shipping was stupid fast as always. I ordered on Friday, and it was on the porch Monday with their standard shipping.

Did you get Jelly Bellys as well....or did they just do a background check on me?

I've ordered from them a few times and everything was great. Even the jelly beans.:clap:

Decided to throw some business at another sponsor, Northwood Saw. Have been checking there site from time to time, watching specials and used parts. For the most part I try to support my local businesses the best I can but in the aftermarket category, there is no one.

Opening order was....372 BB kit, 372 single ring meteor piston, 359 episan piston, 357 VEC piston, set 385 rings, carb adjust tool and eighteen misc crank seals. Shipped in three days in nice packaging accompanied with Jelly Bellys LOL

So far I have run a couple tanks through the BB kit, removed it and ported it. Kit was better quality than expected. Ports were all chamfered nice. Exhaust was level and wide out of the box. Plating held well while grinding.

Oil seals will go in a couple of my personal saws for testing but I see no obvious flaws in craftsmanship.

Will add to this as info is gathered.

This thread is a pleasure to read. AS sponsors are really why we are here. They pay the bills so that this site keeps going. Anytime you support the AS sponsors you are helping to keep AS going.
Whenever you see a post deleted by me, most of the time it is to get rid of a non sponsored ad. I get pretty tired of the old you can get it cheaper somewhere else,yet you would not be reading it if our sponsors left.
I want to personally thank all of you that support our AS sponsors and thank our great sponsors for keeping us going. All of you together make this a great site.

Back