Norwood Mx34 blades popping off

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

damato333

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I'm having lots of trouble my Norwood Mx34. I was cutting black locust and it was cutting fine. I then had to cut some honey locust. I didn't adjust any thing on it. The second it touched the wood the blade popped off. So I tracked it and made sure the tension right but the blade still popped off. So norwood suggested band wheel belts, so I replaced the belt, tracked it, and made sure the tension was right but the blade still popped off. I checked the guides and they were fine. I'm really sick of this thing. I'm spending more time trying to fix it then actually milling. This was a poorly designed mill. Any help would be appreciated.

I'm having lots of trouble my Norwood Mx34. I was cutting black locust and it was cutting fine. I then had to cut some honey locust. I didn't adjust any thing on it. The second it touched the wood the blade popped off. So I tracked it and made sure the tension right but the blade still popped off. So norwood suggested band wheel belts, so I replaced the belt, tracked it, and made sure the tension was right but the blade still popped off. I checked the guides and they were fine. I'm really sick of this thing. I'm spending more time trying to fix it then actually milling. This was a poorly designed mill. Any help would be appreciated.
My bandsaw is an indoor vertical. Problem solving on it has me fearing that the wheels are not running in the same plane on yours. Mine it was a matter of the tire was bulged making it nearly impossible to get the blade to track. It may be something completely different on yours. The maker of mine sent a new wheel, complete. If at all possible check (eyeball) if the guards allow that, that the wheels are in the same plane, has the bearing on the driven wheel loosened? A more experienced BSMiller will be here to offer better advice than can just now. Hang in there it will work again

It's SO hard to fix problems like this over the internet! I wished I lived closer, I'd come solve the issues for you...

I think you need to walk away from it... Go back when your mind is clear, open your manual and start checking/adjusting right from the beginning... I think you are missing something...

The MX34 I ran, milled very good, so I'm having a hard time believing it's a "design" problem.

SR

Back