NOS McCulloch Parts - Weird Sprocket - Anyone Seen One Like This?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nyctreeman

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I just picked up about 5 boxes of New Old Stock McCulloch Parts.
This sprocket is something I haven't seen.
It has a floating style sprocket, but it's fused to the clutch drum.
Comes with special shims for alignment.
Bearing is American made by Torrington, so it must be 70s or so.
404 pitch with 7 tooth
Anyone seen one like this? or know what saw it would go to?

PICT0143.JPG

I've seen many of those on ebay. Looks like it's a large frame McCulloch application drum.

None on ebay at the moment
I'm getting back into selling chainsaw stuff after a long absence
I've got boxes of NOS McCulloch stuff
If you need anything, shoot me a message.

By the way ... ever see one of these? it was in the McCulloch boxes, but I cannot locate the item or number after googling it to death.

PICT0140.JPG PICT0142.JPG

None on ebay at the moment
I'm getting back into selling chainsaw stuff after a long absence
I've got boxes of NOS McCulloch stuff
If you need anything, shoot me a message.

By the way ... ever see one of these? it was in the McCulloch boxes, but I cannot locate the item or number after googling it to death.

View attachment 398090 View attachment 398091

That looks to be the rear handle brace/battery tray for an electric start 10-series McCulloch. 3-10E, 5-10E, 10-10E, etc.

I will have a long list of McCulloch parts for you soon. Got a few saws to finish up. Remind me if I don't send you a message in a day or two...

That looks to be the rear handle brace/battery tray for an electric start 10-series McCulloch. 3-10E, 5-10E, 10-10E, etc.

I will have a long list of McCulloch parts for you soon. Got a few saws to finish up. Remind me if I don't send you a message in a day or two...
BINGO!!
:clap: :bowdown: :clap:
I couldn't find that thing anywhere, which is unusual for me.

Not my saws or images. Just pulled them up with a Google search. These saws are likely owned by members here, as the images appeared to have come from AS and CSCC.

3-10E2.jpg

DSCF2004.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

Not my saws or images. Just pulled them up with a Google search. These saws are likely owned by members here, as the images appeared to have come from AS and CSCC.

3-10E2.jpg

It took someone with the knowledge ... the part number STILL does not exist on the magic google 8 ball though.
I thank you.
I'll probably be pestering you with other McCulloch mysteries.
:dumb:

I came up with 83120 and 69920 as part numbers for that brace (in a 3-10E IPL). The two different #'s correspond to saws with different serial number prefixes.

LOL. I'll do my best at helping you identify stuff. On my end, I'll be bugging you for SP70/80/81/PM850 and SP125/CP125 parts (gaskets/pistons/rings/AV mounts/impulse tubes/intake boots/etc).

The drums with the fixed rim type sprockets were called Auto-Mac, Speed-Mac, or Standard Fixed Rim in different McCulloch literature, I have several as well. They do indeed fit the large frame saws.

If you are looking for a home for the lower brace for the 10 Series "E" saws, let me know. That part number does not show up in any of the IPL's that I have.

Mark

Latest posts

Back