Not the best

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is that you. I hope not because the guy in the video from what I can see is using a hand ascender in place of a friction hitch. Pretty damn stupid if you ask me..... o_O

Haha I didn't wana say anything too mean incase it was you. People get real mad over the Internet these days ya know.

I hear ya. I like when he paused at the top to consider his options which never included being a competent professional

I saw it was mistied in the video. But it was also double hitched. So you are saying i am not a pro? I dont see how you can compare that video to his as if they are equal.

So to answer your question, yes i feel that was a professionally tied off limb in that it was a mistake but backed up for security. The old man that climbed a ladder and broke his leg admitted he wasnt a pro in the comments of his original video. I'd say you are just a hater

I feel for that guy with the broke leg. I managed to break my tibia and fibula both, but not in a tree, on August 2nd of this year. I'm just hoping I will one day be able to get back in the trees. That surgery sucked a fat one and all this inactivity has killed the rest of my body! It's gonna take me about a year to get strong enough to even think about doing tree work again. At least it seems that way right now.

Heck no thats not me! Jeez! ;)

This guy sucks

Funny, I was thinkin the same about you watching your white oak removal vid!

I was laughin bout all the lower long stubs you left below you for your lowered stuff to get hung up on. Your free falling big branches that landed brush end first and then jumped towards the house. Your amateur tie in point to work from. Your backwards tied lowering knots. Dropping logs on logs n brush that close to the house. You stickin your hand n arm below your lowering line, that luckily for you, hung on a tiny sucker, rather your arm under load.

I watched your vid days ago, ticking off all the rank amateur mistakes you made in it, but held off from pointing them out of politeness. But then you post this thread, cuttin down a fellow climber who's obviously just a beginner, talkin smack like the worst kinda hypocrite.

How does it feel to get your amateurish and dangerous shortcomings pointed out to you Mikey?

jomoco

I was going to push the lowering line off that stickler. There was no load on it. My tie in was above that and i had the rope against that limb to keep the lowering line in reach.

The lower limbs were left on to keep the trunk from rolling after the drop. I was hired to get the tree down. No clean up.

Yes, the wood held too long bringing the tips down. Thats why i lowered from that side when i normally wouldnt have to. I explained this in the description of my video. I dont edit out errors to make the perfect video. But i am a pro. And to compare my work to the guys in the video i posted is ignorant. But whatever, if thats what makes you happy, i am all about it.

Latest posts

Back