NW Indiana GTG

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'd pick Port Huron if it was me. Downtown Detroit is depressing. :omg: I thought you were south of Port Huron?

I think I ran from my house last fall up to Marysville which is near Port Huron in about 5 1/2 hrs if I remember right. You can make it faster as MI has a 60 mph speed limit on big trucks and thats all the faster I ran it.

I'd pick Port Huron if it was me. Downtown Detroit is depressing. :omg: I thought you were south of Port Huron?

I think I ran from my house last fall up to Marysville which is near Port Huron in about 5 1/2 hrs if I remember right. You can make it faster as MI has a 60 mph speed limit on big trucks and thats all the faster I ran it.

I'm north of Port Huron
Google suggests three routes. As you can see It's either straight west from London to Port Huron or south west through Detroit meeting up near Battle Creek.

Here are the three if this will open for you.

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/66+J...41fc65!2m2!1d-87.2003091!2d41.3186482!3e0!5i1

Don't look like much difference does it.

Actually the way I thought was best coming from up by Port Huron was to grab 94 from there, run down to the north side of Detroit to 696 west then south on 275 then back west on 14 and it drops you back on 94 down by Ann Arbor. Keeps you from having to go through downtown Detroit.

It was all pretty good roads and high speeds except that last time I was up there and 696 was a skating rink. Should be good in July though. :rock:

Just don't forget your glasses to read the map with. :givebeer:

Don't take 30 all the way to 65, you want to drop down south way before that.

Mark, While your on directions...LOL Just lookin at the map, I was figuring Rt.30 to Rt2, south of Valpariso down to Hebron. If there is a better way, I'm open to suggestions. Don't look to be many direct east/west routes.

Gregg,

Mark, While your on directions...LOL Just lookin at the map, I was figuring Rt.30 to Rt2, south of Valpariso down to Hebron. If there is a better way, I'm open to suggestions. Don't look to be many direct east/west routes.

Gregg,

I would take 35 south (Knox) to rt 8 then head straight west into Hebron. Rt 8 is 2 lane but pretty lightly traveled and only a couple stop signs between 35 and Hebron.

At the 4 way stop in Hebron turn left then go south on 231/2 a couple miles to the stop sign then turn right which is rt 2.

I'll have to look and see how many miles from there to Clay street, probably about 5.

I would take 35 south (Knox) to rt 8 then head straight west into Hebron. Rt 8 is 2 lane but pretty lightly traveled and only a couple stop signs between 35 and Hebron.

At the 4 way stop in Hebron turn left then go south on 231/2 a couple miles to the stop sign then turn right which is rt 2.

I'll have to look and see how many miles from there to Clay street, probably about 5.

That looks good to me Mark, Thanks. :clap: Thats what I will plan on doing then. Don't look like a half bad trip. The only sore spot to go around is Fort Wayne.

Gregg,

LOL, Hostile Injuns I can maybe deal with. Its hostile Chicagoans further west that worry me. :D I hate any town with more than one traffic light. I much prefer to see corn fields out my windows.

Gregg,

I hear ya Gregg, we just can't keep em out, try as we might.

They won't open season on em either.,

LOL, Hostile Injuns I can maybe deal with. Its hostile Chicagoans further west that worry me. :D I hate any town with more than one traffic light. I much prefer to see corn fields out my windows.

Gregg,

I always think it is funny when I tell someone I am from Illinois. The first thing they generally say is something regarding Chicago. I try to stay away from that area as much as I can but not because of the people it is because of the traffic.

As for towns with more than one stoplight we have counties without any stoplights. It was not all that many years ago there were three counties in a row near me that had no traffic lights. The county I live in is narrow but 85 miles from end to end. I live in one end and it is 30 miles to a stoplight but the population is 147,000. The problem is I am 3 miles from Iowa and there is a town there full of lights

Mark,

My comment was not directed to Iowa it was directed to how different it is in just a mile or two and a natural barrier of water. Although I do have to say the dammmmmmm traffic cameras in Iowa are a bit of a issue

Back