Oak n pine in mid coast Maine

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How's the wood market doing in the mid coast area

Well I sell logs mostly to robbins. Gettin straight price of 320 on pine after truckin and averaging bout 450 to 500 on the decent oak after truckin. Pine pulp is SHUT off completely this way.... Hardwood pulp still pretty good

Seems like verso isn't long for the world. It's gonna be hard time ahead
What pisses me off is when they get on the news to raise money fir the laid off mill workers. What about us poor sobs that cut the trees.

You hear about X-number of jobs lost, you can usually multiply that by 5-10 if you want a true number of those affected. The news folks are an interesting bunch.

The press dont care about loggers even though we are part of maines biggest industry!!!! If a shell disease killed a few lobsters there would be nightly news features and fundraisers for the "poor" lobstermen....

I am headed to Mid Coast Maine Area for a get away next week. If I find any demand for logging I may move up that way temporarily. Any advice on how I might find some wood to cut? Has anyone logged by the kbf for a mill?

Back