Obsessed?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My friend has a saying, "You can agree with your wife or sleep on the couch."

I don't argue with my wife. I let her sleep on the couch. Besides, I've spent enough fixin' up the dog house I might as well have the bed in there, too.

Holy cow I feel inadequate now.....:laugh:
I know! Even if I build massive wood piles this year, Google Earth won't take a new picture for two more years.:(

You could tell her you are going to take up golf. That means leaving the house at 6am on weekends, spending all day at the course and coming home plastered from drinking beers at the 19th hole. Then of course spending several evenings during the week at the driving range working on your swing.

All of a sudden, cutting wood might seem more attractive to her.

My wife is accusing me of being obsessed with our firewood
"

My wife says the same thing except she adds an adjective in front of the word "obsessed".

I come in from feeding the OWB, and she says "you smell like smoke", and I say "yeah, well, at least it ain't tavern smoke".

When she starts with the obsessed lecture, I calmly walk to the printer, pull out a blank sheet of paper and write a dollar sign and a big fat zero next to it and hand it to her.....she asks "what's that" and I say "our heat bill from last month". I made sure to do that each month last winter when profane was nudging $5/gal.

I have a different problem, my wife keeps wanting to use my chainsaws when we go to the bush together. I keep telling her we dont have time to go to the hospital today, but I will probably break down and teach her sometime. I let her make a couple cuts with my 660 last year while I closely monitored the process and I was actually quite impressed.

I have a different problem, my wife keeps wanting to use my chainsaws when we go to the bush together. I keep telling her we dont have time to go to the hospital today, but I will probably break down and teach her sometime. I let her make a couple cuts with my 660 last year while I closely monitored the process and I was actually quite impressed.

Buy her a smaller, newer 14/16" saw, with a chain brake. Teach her about the safety aspects, buy her the PPE and make sure she uses it. She can progress up to the 660 when she gets confident and her skills improve. Sooner than you think, she'll be the one to tell you it's time go cut wood. It also gives you an excuse for CAD. :)

Ya thats a good idea. She usually goes to my local saw shop with me every month or so, almost had to buy her a saw last year when I picked up my new 661 because she thought it was only fair that if I bought another chainsaw for my collection that she should have her own. My smallest saw is a 361 with a 20 inch bar, so I guess I will just get her one of her own and she can work her way up to the other saws. Plus when shes done learning on a small saw I could use it to teach my son with.

Ya thats a good idea. She usually goes to my local saw shop with me every month or so, almost had to buy her a saw last year when I picked up my new 661 because she thought it was only fair that if I bought another chainsaw for my collection that she should have her own. My smallest saw is a 361 with a 20 inch bar, so I guess I will just get her one of her own and she can work her way up to the other saws. Plus when shes done learning on a small saw I could use it to teach my son with.
Get one with a strato engine so they don't breathe so many fumes.

tell yah what,,once the EX got it thru her head about safety,,she could run the saw!!! not much else tho..................

Well it doesn't matter what the hobby it seems a spouse will nitpick it.

I want to buy equipment to make money and my wife is like blah blah blah....

Tune them out and do it she won't be griping when she's warm in the house and it's cold outside.

Buy her a smaller, newer 14/16" saw, with a chain brake. Teach her about the safety aspects, buy her the PPE and make sure she uses it. She can progress up to the 660 when she gets confident and her skills improve. Sooner than you think, she'll be the one to tell you it's time go cut wood. It also gives you an excuse for CAD. :)

That could be really good, lots of wood in in very little time, more couch time...good quality time with the wife...

Or bad, wife knows how to start a saw and chase you around with it, more time with the wife to talk...about your marriage leading to point number one...and finally CAD times 2!!!!

Back