Odd Husqvarna bar

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

radio

ArboristSite Operative
AS Supporting Member.
Reaction score
Has anyone seen a Husqvarna bar without a sprocket oiler hole and with black lettering? Here is a photo of 2 HLN-250-72 bars I found at a store. The guy said the the 585 94 32-72 was part of a new shipment. There was only one like this. All the packages were labelled as Made in Norway.

husky black.jpg

Has anyone seen a Husqvarna bar without a sprocket oiler hole and with black lettering? Here is a photo of 2 HLN-250-72 bars I found at a store. The guy said the the 585 94 32-72 was part of a new shipment. There was only one like this. All the packages were labelled as Made in Norway.

View attachment 500544

Yes, that's the new laminated "pro" bars, made in Norway.

They are on the website besides the regular laminated ones here, not instead of - but I don't know how long that will last...

Yes, that's the new laminated "pro" bars, made in Norway.

They are on the website besides the regular laminated ones here, not instead of - but I don't know how long that will last...

Interesting. So is the only difference that they removed the useless oiler hole which puts grit into the sprocket and changed the color? If so, good. By your comment I'm guessing that you think this will become the standard laminated bar.

Oops, just re-read the snapshot that I posted and of course it states that they re-inforced the bar, specifically the tip. Gotta remember what I read before I post.

Interesting. So is the only difference that they removed the useless oiler hole which puts grit into the sprocket and changed the color? If so, good. By your comment I'm guessing that you think this will become the standard laminated bar.

As I understand it, there are more differences than those obvious ones, but I don't know everything about those bars yet.

It is at least possible that they at some point become the "standard" laminated bars, but there is a lot we don't know yet.

Atleast Husqvarna got rid of the grit sucking hole on the bar tip. I never greased one through the holes and never had a problem. Not sure about about a sealed bearing. On the old style atleast bar oil could seep in and lube the bearing

Just looked into the tip with a flashlight and I can see the bearing disks. It is the same as the old sprocket just without the grease hole. I guess that is what they are calling 'sealed'.

I never greased a tip either. I let the hole plug up and it prevents any more gunk getting into it thereby 'sealing' the bearing. :D

Maybe Husqvarna now recognizes that the grease hole does more harm than good.

Atleast Husqvarna got rid of the grit sucking hole on the bar tip. I never greased one through the holes and never had a problem. Not sure about about a sealed bearing. On the old style atleast bar oil could seep in and lube the bearing

Bar oil still is supposed to play a part in lubing the tip - but I don't know the details...

Maybe Husqvarna now recognizes that the grease hole does more harm than good.

I believe you can delete "maybe" from that statement.

It is a good thing they got rid of the blue color on the lettering as well - blue and orange doesn't go very well together....:lol:

My 545 does not have a greasing hole on the tip. Manual states to use it.

Back